28 The End Of An Era

Valery walked down the stairs to find them asleep together. She cocked her head as she walked into the kitchen. She grabbed a large kitchen knife and walked back out towards them.

Looking over the two men she stood behind them and smiled. "He has to understand." She repeated to herself.

Carter soon woke feeling someone's eyes staring at him. He looked up quickly to see Valery smiling down. "How'd fishing go?" She asked.

"Good got a few, then Asher fell in."

"On accident?"

Carter nodded. "Yes Valery."

She nodded. "So he's one of us now?" She asked. "He wasn't trying to kill himself?"

"No Valery he wasn't, yes he is one of us." Valery smiled holding the knife away from view.

"I'm so glad."

Asher began to wake, he looked up with a smile. "Good morning Valery."

"Morning baby boy."

Carter glared. "Don't call him that."

"Why?"

"Don't call him that." He snapped back. "Mine."

"I thought I was your wife."

"You are, so in turn you shouldn't call him baby boy."

Asher became uncomfortable being in the middle of their argument. He went to stand when Valery stepped back. His eyes grew wide as she lifted the knife. "Valery!"

Carter looked up as Valery plunged the knife into Asher's gut. Asher stumbled backward tripping over the rattle he had tried to hide falling onto his back. "No!" Carter screamed as he raced to Ashers side.

"I'm sorry but you have to understand Asher." She cried as she raced up the stairs to her sleeping baby.

Asher sobbed as the pain became unbearable. Carter looked between Asher and the stairs as Valery raced down the steps with the baby in her arms. "She..stab.stab..stabbed me!" Asher cried out in pain as Carter held his head in his hand.

Carter looked back towards the door as the sound of the trucks engine revving filled the house. Valery sobbed as she reversed. Asher looked at his wound, his eyes began to feel heavy.

"No no! Asher no don't leave me! Not after all that. Not after the lake. No."

He slammed his fist against the floor in sheer anger. Panic was sending him overboard. Removing the knife could cause him to bleed out faster. "No I can't loose you! I can't loose you."

Ashers eyelids fluttered as Carter began to do the best he could at stopping the bleeding. The amount of times he'd caused the same wound he had thought there was a chance at stopping it.

"She took the fucking car I can't get you to the hospital fast enough if I wanted to."

"Sto...stop...the bleed-bleeding.. remove the knife... sew it up..if I die I die....but just try.." Asher gasped as Carter began to follow his instructions.

The pain of the knife being removed was enough to cause Asher to loose consciousness. Carter continued to work as he was told. The crewed stitches seemed to stop the bleeding.

"She stabbed him..why didn't she stab me?" Carter asked himself as he iced the wound. Carter sobbed over Asher as he contemplated his next move. "Asher...I love you.." Carter sobbed as he took off towards the lake.

He returned after an hour with the van of the couple they had killed, the chances of the cops coming were high. He carefully picked up Ashers body, he was barely breathing but there was enough of a pulse that he knew he was alive.

Cannibalism - Book Threeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें