Chapter 20 - For You

Carter smiled as he dragged the body behind him, Asher was covered in the mans blood, his shirt was sticky on the inside. He was forced to dress despite having laid in the blood. He watched the mans body, it bent in ways no human should, over sticks and rock.

Dirt clung to the limbs.

"Go home and shower, I will get this man cleaned up and maybe you and I can cook together. Make a meal for the girls? My brother is still at my parents."

"Uhmm..yeah..yeah.." He tried to wipe his face off but it was dripping in blood. He ran back towards his house, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. He threw the door open, in his attempt to make it upstairs Alex stopped him. She smiled and looked him over.

"Blood?"

"Carter..Carter suggested I take pride in my kill...so..so he had me..we..he fucked me over the body..had me cover myself in the blood. I-"

"Thats a wonderful Idea. Come on lets go do a mini celebration in the shower." Alex grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs. His eyes were wide, as she dragged him he tried to grab for the walls or railing of the stairs. Blood stained anything he touched. He felt like King Midas but instead of gold he left blood and death in his wake.

-

"What the hell is that?!" Valery screamed as Carter kicked the door open and dragged the body into the kitchen.

"Was a man. Asher did a number on him."

Valery's hand shot up to her mouth. "Asher did that?" She cried out, tears threatened to fall.

"Yah, your little boyfriend is a good killer when he actually tries."

Valery fought back the tears, not only was Asher doing exactly what she hoped he would avoid but Carter was clearly being a dick on purpose. "Hes just as much my boyfriend as yours, I know what you do when you are alone with him." She shot back. Carter's jaw clenched, his nails digging into his palm as he closed his eyes.

"What did you just say?"

Valery froze, she had messed up. "Nothing..Im..I'm sorry.."

"Stop the excuses Val, what did you say."

"I said he was your boyfriend too.."

"Oh I see, would you like that? Both of us hmm? Would you like us both, one of love and the other for protection? I already know you don't really love me. No matter how much you lie to me, no matter how many times I take you to my bed and please you for a night it doesn't matter. You don't really love me."

"I-"

Carter cupped her cheeks, she shivered as he did so. He left blood handprints along her cheeks as he pulled away. "I just want to make you happy Val. To love our daughter and raise her in my families traditions. Yes. I enjoy doing things with Asher, he's fun to break, and my sister is more than happy with it. You know my aunt and uncle shared their wife and husband with one another. I almost wonder if you would like that more. Why don't you love me Valery? Why do you lie to me?" He grabbed her shoulders shaking her slightly as he fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around her waist. She looked down to him, he had never shown weakness like this before. He burried his face in the folds of her farm dress.

She gasped.

"Are you crying?" She asked laying her hand hesitantly on his head. He didn't respond, she let out a soft sigh. "Carter...really..I..I don't know. I never asked for any of this. I never asked to be your wife, I didn't ask for our daughter. For you to rape me.. for any of this."

"I did it to love you." He snarled as he grasped her waist. She stepped back but was pulled back into his arms. "I love you Val. Just cause I like to mess with Asher doesn't mean I don't love you. I also do it to save you from my..my darker desires. I did fuck Asher in the woods today, but you would have perfered it that way. Do you want to know what I did to him? Do you?"

"I don't know...I d-"

"I made love to him over that dead body, Asher is covered in blood. I forced him underneath me as I satisfied myself, he practically ate the blood because I didn't let up. Sometimes I can't control it. I don't know whats wrong with me Val, but I do know you wouldn't like that. I care about you enough to be soft with you. I never make you kill, I never make you do anything like that. Do you know how lucky you really are? I don't make you deal with any of it, I make sure you are always taken care of."

Valery gasped, he was a monster, and yet he was trying to protect her in a way. He was manipulative, he was trying to brain wash her and she knew that. He smiled, she was confused and he knew that. She didn't know how to react. She was happy that he didn't make her do those things, but she still was distraught.

Carter smiled at her. "I love you."

She let out a soft whimper, he grabbed her tightly. "I...I love you too.."