Chapter 2

3 Days Before It Happened

The sound of muffled footsteps fills the carpeted halls as many young adults walk towards their rooms, some hoping for peace and quiet while others get ready to go out and celebrate finally being done with their final exams. Sadly enough, you fit into the first category.

You prop your elbows on the table, supporting your forehead with your fingers while reading the same question over and over. Spinning the pencil in your hand, you try to focus on the book in front of you with little success.

Frustrated, you throw the pencil on the table. It bounces around a couple of times before falling to the ground. After grabbing the pillow that rested behind your back for support, you smother your face against the soft fabric and let out a scream.

In the moment, a thought goes through your head: "Maybe I should drop out and become a stripper."

A sudden knock on the door pulls you away from your thoughts and before you even answer, someone is already making their way inside. While turning your head to look at them, you realize how tense your body is and you grunt in response.

"Are you ok?" Hanji asks, closing the door behind her. You nod while rubbing the right side of your neck.

"I just feel like I'm going insane." You say before exaggeratedly pointing at the book on your table, "This thing is killing me!"

She giggles and places a quick kiss on your lips before using her arms to prop herself on the table, sitting on the surface.

Her eyes glance over the words and numbers on the page and she props her chin onto the palm of her hand, "Y/N, I can help you with this. I was doing this before I even graduated high school."

You glare at her, knowing that if looks could kill, she would've dropped dead at this very moment. Even though you would like to punch her in the face, you know she has a point. But once again, you must remind her of the reason why you won't let her help you.

"Remember the Bio exam last semester?" You ask, crossing your arms against your chest and resting your back on the chair. Hanji opens her mouth but no words come out. "Or what about the Physics exam senior year of High School? Or what about..."

"Ok, ok I get your point!" She says loudly, arms raised in the air as a sign of defeat. "But I could help you do something else..."

Hanji's body leans closer to yours and her fingers gently brush against your chin, sending goosebumps down your spine. Her breathing is slow while her breath smells like the cereal she had not too long ago, you can't help but smile.

When her lips meet yours, you forget all about the upcoming exam or the chemistry problems you can't quite understand. All of your attention now belongs to the brunette in front of you. Unfortunately your break doesn't last for long.

The sound of a blaring alarm coming from her phone forces Hanji to pull away, leaving behind a cold feeling to replace the warmth of her face. Silently, you beg her to ignore it and come back to you and, lucky for you, she does.

"What was that for anyway?" You ask in between pauses to breath.

"I have an exam on the other side of campus." Hanji said, "But this is much much better!"

"Shouldn't you go?" You ask, pulling her by her shirt's collar and a wicked smile takes over her lips.

"Nah, I already have an A+!" She says, shrugging her shoulders and placing small pecks on your mouth, "Besides, I would very much rather stay here and do you."