Chapter 10

Lightning Doesn't Strike Twice

Summary: When Erwin comes up with a plan, it's finally time to leave this warehouse.

.

Unlike Mikasa, Armin and Eren, the new trio of teenagers stuck with you is much more independent, all thanks to Annie herself who is constantly out killing zombies and hunting for food. The boys help her every now and then, but she does most of the work.

Instead of staying in the same spot much like you did a couple of.... Weeks? Months? You really have no idea how long it has been since you last saw your younger friends but enough time for you to miss them deeply.

The blonde girl now wears the necklace Mikasa left for her around her neck, saying it is a better protection than any crosses you could find in churches. As soon as she put it on, she swore to find Mikasa and tell her how she felt. Gushy feelings and all.

You're pulled away from your thoughts when Annie jumps through a broken window, wrapping herself in her hoodie as well as possible in hopes to keep herself from getting cut by the broken glass.

"Ok, so pay attention because I will only say this once," She says, putting her knife on the table before running her hand through her bangs, shaking off all the shards of glass. "There are three hordes surrounding us."

Hanji pulls out a ripped piece of paper and a barely usable pencil, quickly writing down every word the blonde girl is saying.

"The one on the right has thirteen zombies total, a few are missing a leg or their eyes, so they are not that much of a threat to us. On the left there are seven more, I managed to kill half of it, would've killed the rest if I had some help."

The annoyance in her voice is evident as she looks over her shoulder at Reiner and Bert who wash the blood off their arms.

"Our main problem is going to be the horde coming from the north. It has at least forty zombies and I don't think we have enough knives or bullets to deal with this."

"I have an idea." Erwin says, putting down on the floor two undead bodies. Their mouths have been completely ripped out and so have their arms, they are harmless. "We can cover ourselves in their blood and guts."

"Fucking hot." Levi whispers to himself, taking a sip of his water. For the past few days, he has missed his tea so deeply he has been drinking plain hot water, just imagining the taste of the leaves. Quite pathetically actually.

"How do you know that's going to work?" You ask, picking a few sticks out of Hanji's messy hair as leans against your touch. She continues to scribble up a map, perfectly placing the zombies on it while Moblit calculates how long it would take for them to get there.

"I don't. It's a gamble." Erwin replies as he holds one of the undead monsters in place so Levi has enough time to stab it through the head. "But it's worth a try."

"There won't be enough guts for all of us." Moblit says, placing down the paper with his calculations and Erwin smirks.

"Moblit, have you learned nothing?" He says, pointing at handprints on the other side of the window. One of the hordes has reached the warehouse and now, for sure, there would be enough zombie insides to go around and Moblit smiles in return.

"Let's go kick some zombie ass!" Annie says, a fire in her eyes as she pulls out her gun.

Unlike Mikasa, Armin and Eren, this group of teenagers had an insatiable desire to kill every single beast presented before them, always looking forward to the next horde to come around the corner. Or at least you believed so until now.