Chapter 6

Warning: This chapter contain NSFW!

Two weeks after it all started

"And every Tuesday night, his ghost returns to wreak his horrible vengeance." Hanji says, a somber tone to her voice as she tries her best to look completely insane, an attempt to scare the teenagers who sit around in a circle.

Armin's hand shakes in fear and he desperately clings onto Eren's arm, who refuses to show any sign of fear but the cold sweat dripping down his forehead onto his nose tells no lies and you see right through him.

Horror story sessions became a part of your routine, a way to take your minds away from the horrifying truth of the world. Except every so often, Hanji would take it a little bit too far. This was one of those times.

"First, the lights will flicker on and off!" She says and Levi flickers his flashlight silently, bringing a gasp out of the small, blonde boy. His excuse? The batteries were running low.

"Then the phone will ring and there will be nobody there." Erwin joins in the story and your phone rings in your pocket. The battery lingering on 1% long enough for Levi to call you in the hopes of making the story more realistic.

You pick up and put it on speaker, only to be welcomed by an unsettling silence. You hold back a laughter and Mikasa's nails dig through your skin as she buries her head on the crook of your neck.

Hanji pouts in response to the teenage girl's actions but nevertheless she continues her story, "And finally, he arrives in the ghost of the bus that ran him over. He crosses the street without looking both ways because he's already dead."

"Isn't everything around us dead though?" Armin inquires as he adjusts the blanket around Eren's shoulder, making sure he's properly covered and you notice as his cheeks turn bright red.

Hanji's mouth hangs open as she pauses her story in the middle of her story for a few seconds, her palms facing the ceiling as she slumps her body forward. She shoots the blonde boy a look, filled with an emotion you can't quite place.

"Fuck, you're right." She says, lacing her fingers together before taking her hands to her mouth, a inquisitive look on her face.

The constant smell of death has taken over the atmosphere, blood and brain matter covers the streets that were once filled with alive people in colorful outfits.

The only bits of life that have sprouted around the house in these past two weeks are the little purple flowers who grow from the small cracks on the concrete and you decide to interpret it as a sign of hope.

Since you first met Eren, Mikasa and Armin, all you've been trying to do is teach them methods on how they can survive. Levi has been teaching them to fight, either zombies or people, and Mikasa is his star pupil.

Erwin has been teaching Eren how to read maps, the more isolated roads in the city to take and how to always make sure to trust your instincts when it comes to dangers nearby.

Armin has spent most of his time alongside you and Hanji, who've been trying to teach him how to do sutures or cooking with whatever you have in hand, any knowledge that might be useful to them, even in the slightest.

The couple weeks you've spent in this house have been quite peaceful, or at least as peaceful as it could be.

Many times you woke up in the middle of the night to someone screaming and that someone is usually the brown-haired boy. Eren screams and cries for his mother, who got eaten by the undead before most of the population even turned, nearly every night.