Chapter 12

Dangerous Games We Played

Summary: As you get closer to the lab, your nightmares become more and more graphic. It's up to you and your friends to find answers and quickly.

.

Blood drips from the knife in your hands, covering the once green grass in redness. When you turn your body around, you realize the pile of corpses behind you keeps growing bigger and bigger, each one with a stab wound to the brain.

You shake your head, hoping to wake up from this nightmare but that is not possible, so you keep going on your killing spree, listening to your friends beg for their lives before you finish them off.

Moblit, Levi, Erwin, Mikasa, Annie, Bertholdt, Reiner, Armin and Eren. The only person left alive in all this mess was Hanji, who is now cornered against a concrete wall that replaces the tall trees from the outside.

"Y/N, please." She pleads, desperation in her voice. "Don't do this. I love you."

You can feel as warm tears stream down your face, clearing up a path amongst all the dried blood but your hands have a mind of their own and there is nothing you can do to stop them from killing the last remaining person you love.

As quick as the knife goes in, it comes out, covered in Hanji's blood and you can only tell it is hers specifically because it screams your name. It begs you to wake up, it forces you to wake up.

You sit up on the sleeping bag, feeling the cold sweat dripping down your forehead. The nightmares have been getting worse the closer to the lab you get and you can't help but wonder if they are connected.

Shaking your head, you feel as a cold hand touches your back and a yelp leaves your lips in response. Turning around, you notice a pair of concerned eyes staring at you.

"Are you ok?" Hanji asks, handing you a bottle of water. You thank her before taking a long sip, feeling as the liquid touches your chipped lips.

"I have you here with me, that's all I need." You respond, burying your face on her chest. Every now and again you need a reminder that Hanji is still alive and so you listen closely for the sound of her heart beating.

Nightmares have been more recurring than usual and, with each passing day, they get progressively more realistic and terrifying. What started with dreams of you being naked in front of the entire school has now turned into a very detailed image of Hanji being killed by no one other than yourself.

To pull you away from the intrusive thoughts, Hanji takes your face in her hands and proceeds to shower you in love filled kisses. Your cheeks, lips, nose and even eyes are not left untouched by her lips.

In between kisses, she whispers to you how much she loves you or how beautiful you are even when you haven't showered in days. She even bites your nose gently to try and earn a laugh out of you.

She does everything in her power to make sure you are feeling better than you did when you first woke up.

"Thank you, love." You say in a whisper and she smiles.

"Anything for you." She replies.

"That's gay." Says Levi, who holds hands with Erwin. You can tell Hanji has some snorty comment to make in response but you simply shake your head, pulling her away from the two men when you hear Levi's voice once again. "Erwin and I are almost ready to go."

"Erwin isn't coming with us." Hanji says, cleaning her glasses on what used to be a white shirt. The blonde man's eyes meet yours in shock and you raise your hands, letting him know you have absolutely no idea what she is talking about.