Chapter Twenty-Three

Waking up, I reach over to find Nikolai's side of the bed empty and cold. I lie still for a moment, listening for any sounds in the hotel but all I hear is silence. Rolling over, I swing my feet off the bed and attempt to stand up. Damn, my body is so sore. We may have gotten a little overzealous and ended up surpassing our goal of twelve orgasms in a twenty-four hour period, but my body is paying for it today.

Hearing some movement, I quickly throw on Nikolai's dress shirt, toss a breath strip in my mouth and walk down the stairs to the main level of our suite. I see him tapping away on his cellphone with his back to me. Quietly, I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his back and taking in his delectable scent. "What? No good morning kiss?" I tease, running my fingers up and down his chest.

"What is it you say?" he responds, turning around to see me. "I didn't want to wake..." his words catch in his throat when he notices my naked body in his unbuttoned shirt. "Shit, Lacey. How am I ever supposed to get work done with you around?" He pulls me into his arms and kisses me deeply.

"Who says you have to get work done?" I shoot back, trailing my finger through the waistline of his pants.

His eyes darken with lust for a brief moment and his cock twitches beneath the fabric. "It's a business trip, Lacey."

"Haven't you heard about 'all work and no play'?"

He chuckles as his phone starts ringing. "We've had all play and no work these past few days, beautiful. I'll wear you out." He glances at the phone before silencing it.

"Maybe you're worried you'll wear yourself out."

"Not possible."

"Mmhmm, sure," I reply, goading him on.

Taking the bait, he spins me around and pushes up against me. "Want me to prove it?"

"I dare you," I smirk, swaying my ass against his growing erection.

He raises the shirt and caresses my skin before lightly smacking me. "I never turn down a dare, innocent one," he murmurs.

This man has my libido in overdrive; it's as if I can't get enough of him. I start to prepare myself for whatever he has in mind, but fate has other plans as the shrill sound of his phone ringing cuts through the silence.

Nikolai sighs loudly, grabbing the phone and bringing it to his ear. "What is it?" he barks in frustration. Backing away from me, he holds up a finger and walks down the hall to finish his conversation.

I wander over to the couch, plopping my tired body down. I will definitely be taking a nap once he's gone. These late night-early mornings are killing me.

A few moments later, I hear his footsteps approaching me and feel his lips on my forehead. "I'm going to need a rain check on what we started. Business awaits."

"Chicken," I mock, sliding off the couch and following him to the door.

"You sure know how to talk big when you know I can't retaliate," he says, pulling me into his arms again. "Feel free to order room service for breakfast whenever you're ready. I'll be gone most of the day, so you'll be on your own. I hope that's okay."

"That's fine, Nik," I reassure him, smiling at his concern for my well-being. "I'll do some sightseeing after I get a bit more rest."

He nods then proceeds to kiss my forehead before opening the door. "I'm thinking we'll just stay in tonight," he calls out from the hall. "Grab some food and finish up that dare." He turns quickly, winking and giving me the sexiest of grins.