Mark-II

(A/N:- Hey guys Commander alfa here. So my test exams ended a few days ago and I got one month before my main exams start, so I decided to use this time to write the next chapter of this book. So enjoy.)

"The future of air combat. Is it manned or unmanned? I'll tell you, in my experience, no unmanned aerial vehicle will ever trump a pilot's instinct, his insight, that ability to look into a situation beyond the obvious and discern its outcome, or a pilot's judgment." Tim told a group of people, whome he was guiding through the Air force base hanger. "Colonel? Why not a pilot without the plane?" A fimiliar voice asked Tim. Tim looked at the direction the voice came from and saw Hiccup standing there wearing a brown jacket, red t-shirt and black jeans. "Look who fell out of the sky. Mr. Hiccup Haddock." Tim said as he approached his friend. "Hello, sir." Some of the people from the group greeted Hiccup. "Speaking of manned or unmanned, you gotta get him to tell you about the time he guessed wrong at spring break. Just remember that, spring break, 2006. That lovely lady you woke up with." Hiccup said. Tim could see the mischievous glint in his eyes. Hiccup liked to do this a lot. Embarrassing him infront of people by telling false stories. "Don't do that!" Tim warned him, but Hiccup continued "What was her name?" "Don't do that." "Was it Rose?" "Don't do that. They'll believe it." Tim warned for the last time. "Okay." Hiccup said. "Don't do that." "Okay." "Don't do that." "Pleasure meeting you." "Give us a couple minutes, you guys." Tim told the group and they walked off. "I'm surprised." Tim said. "Why?" Hiccup asked. "I swear, I didn't expect to see you walking around so soon." Tim said and then looked at Hiccup's feet. "And you got a new prosthetic I see." Hiccup looked down and saw both of his feet had boots. Before coming here he had made a new prosthetic out of carbon fiber, which was more comfortable, won't malfunction and he could wear a boot on it too. "Yeah. The previous one wasn't that comfortable." Hiccup said with a chuckle."And I'm doing a little better than walking." "Really?" Tim asked. "Yeah. Tim, I'm working on something big. I came to talk to you. I want you to be a part of it." Hiccup told him. "You're about to make a whole lot of people around here real happy, 'cause that little stunt at the press conference, that was a doozy." Tim told him. "This is not for the military. I'm not... It's different." "What? You're a humanitarian now or something?" "Look Tim..." Hiccup tried to say but Tim cut him off,"Look Hiccup. I don't know what you are doing, but I do believe that you have a good reason for it." "Okay." Hiccup said. "It's nice seeing you, Hiccup." Tim said. "You had breakfast." Tim asked him. "Uhh... No. I will have something later." Hiccup said. "How about you come with me and have something from the cafeteria. The food is surprisingly not bad." Tim suggested. "Uh, sure. Why not." Hiccup agreed and they both walked towards the cafeteria. "Bye the way, was it necessary to send Astrid to keep an eye on me?" Hiccup asked as they walked. "Hey don't blame me. Astrid convinced us to do that." Tim replied. "Wait, what?" Hiccup asked shocked. "Yeah, after we rescued you she was extremely worried about you." Tim said "While you were resting she had told me that you might need some supervision and protection so that doesn't happen again." "Astrid herself wanted to guard me?" Hiccup asked shocked. "Yeah. You look surprised about it." Tim replied. Hiccup sighed and said,"It's just..... I wasn't expecting this." "Uh huh." Tim said and they walked towards the cafeteria silently. In the cafeteria Hiccup took a sandwich and a cup of coffee. He sat on an empty table. Most of the people had completed their breakfast already so the room was mostly empty. Hiccup was eating his breakfast quietly. "Can I seat here?" Someone asked him. Hiccup looked at his right side and saw Snotlout standing there awkwardly with a plate of food. "Uh... Sure." Hiccup said and went back to eating as Snotlout sat on the chair beside him and ate. "So, how you doing?" Snotlout suddenly asked him. Hiccup was surprised by this. He and Snotlout weren't exactly much close. "I am..fine." Hiccup awkwardly replied. "Oh.... Good." Snotlout said and they both went back to eat. "Uh. Hiccup. I want to say something to you." Snotlout said "Ever since we were little I always used to bully and torment you and........ I am sorry about it." This shocked Hiccup and he stared at his cousin as Snotlout continued "Look I..I.. I know this sounds stupid and impossible but it's the truth. When I heard that you were kidnapped in Afghanistan I felt so bad for the way I treated you. I wanted to apologise to you and I was hoping that we could have a normal relationship." Hiccup was stunned after hearing all this. "I... Um..." Hiccup started as Snotlout braced himself for the refection "I think that would be great." This left Snotlout stunned. "Wait, you're forgiving me?" Snotlout nearly yelled. "Yeah, I tend to be quite forgiving. So wanna start over?" Hiccup said with a smile. "Sure why not." Snotlout said.