An embarrassing night

"Hey mom. Hey dad." Astrid greeted her parents as she entered her house. "Astrid!" Ingrid and Harold exclaimed and hugged their daughter. Astrid hugged them back tightly, just then she heard a familiar voice say,"Astrid." She let go of her parents and looked towards the direction that voice came from. There she saw Flynn Hofferson sitting on his electric wheelchair, smiling at her.

"Uncle Flynn!" Astrid gasped in joy and walked over to him and hugged him. Flynn lifted his left arm and wrapped it around Astrid. The flightmare incident had left almost all of his body paralysed. He couldn't use his legs, right arm and part of his back. It took a lot of therapy seasons for him to become mobile enough to use his left arm and rotate his head.

"I haven't seen you in ages! How are you?" Astrid asked as she let go of her uncle. "Same old, same old." Flynn replied with a smile. "Fancy joining us for dinner tonight dear." Ingrid asked Astrid. "No, not tonight mom. I had too much popcorn at the movies." Astrid said, declining the offer.

Just then she felt something furry rubbing against her leg. She looked down to see two cats nuzzling her right leg. "Stormfly, Gally." Astrid said and picked up the cats. Both of the cats were females. Stormfly had blue fur with golden spots around her neck, tail and around her belly and legs. Gally on the other hand has grey fur, which for some reasons looks like metal.

Stormfly is Astrid's pet cat. She has had her since she was twelve. As for Gally, she is Flynn's pet. His wife brought her from a pet shop three years ago and gifted her to him.

"You went to the movies? All by yourself?" Flynn asked as Astrid helped him to get to the dinner table. "No no, not alone. I was with Hiccup." Astrid said as she entered the dining room with Flynn. Harold was helping Ingrid with setting up the table. "Hiccup? That Haddock boy?" Harold asked. "Yeah him." Astrid said as she helped her mother to put the plates on the table, completely oblivious of the smirkes and glances her parents and her uncle exchanged.

"So how was your date?" Ingrid asked. It took a moment for Astrid to realise what her mother said, and when she did she nearly choked. "Mom!" She yelled "It was not a date!" "Okay so answer a few things. You went to the movies with Hiccup?" "Yes." "You two were alone?" "Yes." "You two had a good time together?" "Yes!" "I fail to see how this is not a date." Ingrid innocently said. As for Astrid, she was standing there embarrassed. Her face was red as Tomato. She was looking at the floor to hide her face from her snickering parents and uncle.

"I need some air." Astrid said and walked out of the room. She didn't notice where she was going until she found herself on the balcony. Astrid stood there, leaning against the railing as she tried to figure out her feelings for Hiccup. She didn't know how to describe her feelings towards Hiccup. She deeply cared for him. And she knew that she definitely liked him more than a friend. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice her uncle approaching her.

"Hey." Flynn said, pulling her out of her thoughts. "Oh! Uncle Flynn, I didn't notice you there." Astrid said. "You okay?" Flynn asked his niece. "Yeah, just thinking." Astrid replied, looking back at the sky. "Don't you feel disappointed at me?" Astrid asked. "Why would I feel disappointed at you?" Flynn asked back in shock. "You know right that I am hanging out with the guy responsible for what happened to you." Astrid said. She felt bad for saying it but she needed to know what Flynn and her parents thought about her relationship with Hiccup.

"Astrid if I am actually happy that you're back with Hiccup." Flynn said, shocking her. He continued,"After the flightmare incident, I was angry at first, but then I realised, no matter how bad Hiccup was then he wouldn't ever do something that would cost someone's life. I know that it isn't Hiccup who should be blamed for what happened to me." Flynn stopped for a moment to catch his breath and then continued,"It really saddened me to see what he has turned into now. I really miss the kind boy he used to be." Astrid looked away to hide her moistening eyes and said,"You know, after his capture in Afghanistan, he is really trying to change. I have seen it."

"I know." Flynn said with a sigh then asked "You like him? Don't you?" Astrid blushed at the question but said,"Yes." "Ha, ha! I knew it!" Flynn said while laughing.

"Yeah, they were so close since childhood, that sometimes I wondered why they aren't together yet." Ingrid suddenly said while standing near the balcony.

"Mom! How long were you there?" Astrid shrieked. "Long enough to hear all of your conversation." Harold said, getting out of his cover. Astrid groaned as her parents and uncle chuckled. "So, have you told him yet?" Ingrid asked. "No, I don't think he feels the same way and I don't want to ruin our friendship." Astrid said. "Astrid, you should tell him how you feel about him. And even if he doesn't feel the same way about you, I am sure he won't end his friendship with you." Ingrid told Astrid as she walked over to her and placed her hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"Maybe. I guess, there's no harm in trying." Astrid unconfidentally said. "Don't worry girl. Because I am having a feeling that you won't regret it." Flynn said.

(In Hiccup's house)

Hiccup was in his bedroom, lying on the bed and reading a book, when the intruder alert started to ring. "Toothless, who is it?" Hiccup asked his AI. "Sir it appears that Miss Pots and Mr. Harold has come to visit you." Toothless replied. "Uh huh. Okay, thanks Toothless." Hiccup said and got up and went to the door. "Tim! Pepper! I wasn't expecting you guys." Hiccup said as he let them in. "Well I thought since I am in Berk for some time, I would drop by my bestfriends house." Tim said as he sat on a couch in the living room. "And I had some reports to drop off." Pepper said as she handed Hiccup a file. "These are the details of recent deals the company has made and all the other details you asked me to bring." Pepper said as she sat beside Tim.

"Thanks Pepper, I will check them later." Hiccup said as he put the file on the table and sat on the armchair. "So, what have you guys been upto?" Hiccup asked them. "Oh well, nothing much. Just handling some paperworks and stuff." Tim said. "As for me, I went on a date with Tony yesterday and he proposed to me." Pepper excitedly said. "That's great!" Hiccup told her.

Tony or Tony Stark was one of the employees of Haddock industries. He was a prodigy in robotics and one of the lead scientists in the industry. During Hiccup's time as an employee Hiccup and Tony were quite close. Tony taught Hiccup many things too.

"I know right. The engagement is in two weeks." Pepper told Hiccup. "Wow, cool. I am happy for you Pepper." Hiccup said with a smile. "So Hiccup is it true?" Tim suddenly asked. "What?" Hiccup asked with confusion. "That you went on a date with Astrid tonight." Tim cheekily said. "What! Who told you that!?" Hiccup shrieked. "Snotlout. He went to the movies tonight, and later when he dropped by the base he told me the news." Tim told him with a sly smirk. Hiccup groaned and mumbled something inaudible under his breath and then said,"Look it's just a misunderstanding. Okay. I and Astrid went to the movies this evening to hangout only. Nothing more." "Sounds pretty much like a date to me." Pepper said, making the genius teen blush. "It was not a date." Hiccup said again. "Oh come on Hicc, we all know about your crush on Astrid, so why don't you tell her already?" Tim said.

"Are you crazy Tim! You know what kind of girl Astrid is. I highly doubt she will be interested in someone like me." Hiccup said. "Oh you don't know that." Tim said back. "I mean there isn't any damage in trying." Pepper suggested. "But what if she doesn't feel the same way. I don't want to ruin our friendship." Hiccup said as he looked down on his wrist. He traced his fingers on the bracelet. "Dude, you have done crazier things in the past. At Least give it a try." Tim said.

"You know what, you're right. Maybe I should." Hiccup said looking up. "Just don't go all playboy on her Hiccup. She isn't an ordinary girl." Pepper said embarrassing Hiccup. "Pepper!" Hiccup groaned as Pepper and Tim chuckled. "What? It's funny to see you all red-faced. In my opinion you look cute like that." Pepper said on which Tim agreed. "Yeah. She's right." Tim said. "Whatever. Hey you two want pizza? I was going to have some for myself." Hiccup said. "Sure why not." Tim said. "I won't mind a slice or two." Pepper said. "Okay. Let's go then." Hiccup said and went towards the kitchen with his friends.