Drago's secret

Hiccup had been doing some work on his suit when Astrid entered the lab with Pepper. It had been three weeks since he and Astrid started dating. The amount of teasing they receive from both Astrid's parents and Pepper is enough to make the young couple die out of embarrassment, but they soon get used to it. A few days ago Pepper had walked in while Hiccup was working on his armour and found out about his secret. During these three weeks he had also taken down multiple other Outcast territories. But during all these missions he had noticed something. Somehow the Outcasts always had weapons and equipment made at Haddock industries. Believing something is wrong, Hiccup had done some digging and found that there had been some deals which were done by Drago with some unknown partie. Also the records of those deals were removed from the Haddock industries server.

"You wanted to meet me, Hiccup?" Pepper asked as she stood behind him.

Hiccup stopped his work and turned around to look at her.

"Yeah. I need you to do something for me." Hiccup said.

Astrid raised an eyebrow at this statement while Pepper looked confused.

"Okay. What is it?" Pepper asked.

"I have done some digging and I found out that Drago has done some deals with some unknown partie. He's upto something and I need to know what." Hiccup said as he walked over to a table and picked up a pendrive "This is a hacking program. I need you to go to my office. You're going to hack into the mainframe and you're going to retrieve all the info on recent shipping manifests. It's probably under Executive Files. If not, they put it on a ghost drive, in which case you need to look for the lowest numeric heading."

Hiccup handed Pepper the pendrive and went back to working on the suit.

"And what do you plan to do with
this information if I bring it back here?" Pepper blankly asked.

"Same drill. They've been dealing under the table, and I'm going to stop them. I'm going to find my weapons and destroy them." Hiccup nonchalantly said.

"Hiccup, you know that I would help you with anything, but I cannot help you if you're going to start all of this again." Pepper said.

"There is nothing except this. There's no art opening. There is no benefit. There is nothing to sign. There is the next mission
and nothing else." Hiccup said, sounding a little angry at the last part.

"Is that so? Well, then, I quit." Pepper Suddenly said.

Astrid was silently watching the interaction. She didn't dare to say anything.

"You stood by my side all these years, while I reaped the benefits of destruction. And now that I'm trying to protect the people that I put in harm's way, you're going to walk out?" Hiccup asked, refusing to look at her.

"You're going to kill yourself, Hiccup. I'm not going to be a part of it." Pepper said, trying to hold back her tears.

"I shouldn't be alive." Hiccup said.

Pepper and Astrid looked at him in shock as he continued.

"unless it was for a reason." Hiccup turned to face Pepper "I'm not crazy, Pepper. I just finally know what I have to do. And I know in my heart that it's right."

Pepper turned away and proceeded to leave but stopped in midway.

"You're one of very few people I care about, you know. I even at time saw you as my younger brother." Pepper said, glancing at Hiccup.

"You're like a big sister to me Pepper, so please help me through this." Hiccup told her.

"I will." Pepper said and sniffed and left the lab.