Getting closer

(Two week later)

It's been two weeks since Hiccup received the videotape. It took him some time but with the help of Astrid he soon recovered. He and Astrid were now close friends. Whenever Hiccup wasn't in his lab or hunting down the Outcasts, he would spend time with Astrid. He and Astrid became quite close in the past two weeks. Pepper occasionally visited them and gave Hiccup reports about the company's performance. Sometimes she would talk with Hiccup and Astrid for sometime before leaving.

Hiccup was currently in his lab, working on upgrading his Armour. He had the armour lying on his work table. Most of the metal plates covering the arms, legs and the chest plate were removed and kept on another table. Multiple small holographic screens were showing diagnosis of different parts of the armour. Hiccup had a soldering iron in his left hand and a screwdriver in the other one. Sharp-shot was standing beside him, helping him in his work. "And there." Hiccup said as he used the screwdriver to hold down a wire and joined it to the armour by the soldering iron.

"Okay Toothless, show me the complete diagnosis of the Suit." Hiccup said. Toothless appeared beside him and a big holographic screen appeared in front of them, showing the complete diagnosis of the armour. "Hmm, the power supply is working properly. The upgrades should be able to decrease the power consumption by 50%, so the Suit can work for twice as long. Combined with the back up power banks, it can work even longer." Hiccup said out aloud as he observed the diagnosis.

"Wow, looks like you've done a lot of work on the Suit." Astrid said as she stood behind Hiccup. Hiccup yelped in fright and turned around to face her. "Astrid, don't do that. Please." Hiccup said as he took deep breaths to calm himself down. "Sorry." Astrid apologized. "It's okay." Hiccup said and proceeded to join back the disassembled armour. "Don't you get tired of all this stuff?" Astrid asked. "Nah, I love inventing. And there are some things which are more important." Hiccup replied while joining back the pieces of armour with the help of Sharp-shot. "Hiccup you need to take some rest. You can't just keep pushing yourself like this." Astrid argued.

"Astrid, please you know how important my work is..." Hiccup tried to argue back until Astrid grabbed him by his collar and said,"Now listen here Hiccup Hayden Haddock the third! You are gonna take a day off today and you are going to hangout with me this evening! Am I understood?"

Hiccup fearfully nodded and Astrid let go of him. "But at least let me finish reassembling the Suit." Hiccup said. "Fine." Astrid said and left the lab. "Wow sir, you got a keeper." Toothless said as watched Astrid leaving the lab. "Yeah." Hiccup absentmindedly said, but soon he realised what Toothless said. "TOOTHLESS!" Hiccup screeched as soon as the realisation hit him and the AI started to laugh.

(Few hours later)

Hiccup was finally done with reassembling the Suit. It took him longer than expected but he was finally done. He climbed up the stairs, into the living room and sat on a couch with a tired huff. "You ready to go out Hiccup?" Astrid asked as she entered the room, wearing dark blue jeans, sky-blue T-shirt and a leather jacket. "Wait what?" He asked in disbelief. "Are you ready to go out? You know it's almost evening." Astrid casually said as she sat beside Hiccup. "Oh come on." Hiccup groaned. "Hiccup." Astrid said in a dangerous low voice. "Okay, okay. Give me a few minutes to change." Hiccup said as he got up and walked over to the stairs leading to the upper floor of the building. "Don't keep me waiting" Hiccup heard her yelling as he climbed up the stairs.

(15 minutes later)

Hiccup was ready. He was wearing a pair of Black jeans, a V-neck Green T-shirt and a black jacket. He got downstairs to see Astrid waiting for him. "I was starting to think you were hiding in your room and I would have to drag you out." Astrid said as he descended the last stair. "Ha ha ha. Very funny." Hiccup said in an unamused voice. "By the way, you look good in that outfit." Astrid complimented. "Thanks. You don't look bad either." Hiccup said with a light blush.