→ 𝐈.𝐕𝐈

.

ACT I
CHAPTER VI

the scores and interviews

"HOW DID IT go?" Rohan asks Thana as she enters their floor, "what did you show the game makers?"

Thana lets herself fall into the sofa next to her mentor and briefly closes her eyes. "I took two scimitars, twirled them and put them into the neck of a dummy," she shrugs and looks at him.

"You used scimitars like that?" a proud look covers his features as Thana nods at him. "You did great Thana."

After dinner, it is time to watch the scores that will be announced by Caesar Flickerman.

"As you know, the tributes were rated on the scale of one to twelve," with that the announcement starts and Caesar has all the attention of Panem again, "after three days of careful evaluation. The game makers would like to acknowledge that it wasn't easy."

The floor of district nine is silent and waits until he starts announcing the scores. The careers, districts 1,2 and 4 all scored a nine or ten. 3,5 and 6 varied from a four to seven. District 7 and Jack got themselves eights, the girl from eight a 6.

Thana holds her breath as her score and Harl's comes closer.

"District 9, Harl Fairbrook," Caesar pauses for a few seconds, "with a score of eight!" Rohan, August, the stylists and Thana all clap and congratulate Harl on his accomplishment.

"District 9, Thana," Caesar makes the seconds seem to last hours now, "with a score of nine!"

They all clap for Thana know and congratulate her as well, in her enthusiasm Thana stands up and hugs her stylist Ilya.

"You two did great today," Rohan compliments both of his tributes, "I am proud of you guys." He squeezes their shoulders and has for one of the first times a genuine smile.

"Tomorrow the interviews will take place," August reminds everybody, "I will wake you in the morning Thana because we will start together tomorrow." Thana nods at the escort, "Harl, you'll start with Rohan. So hop, hop to bed, tomorrow will be an early morning."

One time, two times, three times, knocking on the mahogany door. Thana throws the blankets off her body and shivers at the sudden cold. She gets up and opens to door with her hair in one big mess, there she is met with August who looks like he just walked out of a Capitol magazine. Thana rubs her eyes and looks dull at August in his blue glitter outfit, it sparkled in the sunlight and hurts her eyes with the light that is very bright. August looks up and down at the young girl and is probably silently judging Thana. There is a big contrast between the two of them, August ready for a runway of a fashion show and Thana in grey sweats and an oversized black shirt, not to forget a crow's nest for hair. Thana yawns and opens the door to invite the escort into her room.