→ 𝐈.𝐗𝐕

.

ACT I
CHAPTER XV

wedding bells

WITH THE GOLDENHOURS and falling leaves, Sadiya finally decides that it is the best time to marry Clément Sol, the love of her life

WITH THE GOLDENHOURS and falling leaves, Sadiya finally decides that it is the best time to marry Clément Sol, the love of her life. So, with her family by her side, she makes herself ready to walk down the aisle with the love of her life. The Jardins couldn't be happier to share this day of festivities with each other. The pain it would've caused them if Thana wouldn't be present anymore is one they don't talk about. But they do know Thana is not the girl she was when she left, but they still love her through all her bad dreams and flashbacks. And Thana knows that, so she tries her best to help them in everyday tasks now that she will never have to work again. It still feels surreal and very weird for her to never be in the fields or somewhere else in the district working for a living.

The chosen venue is close to the forest where the last flowers are still blooming, and leaves are already colourful. The ceremony will be small as they only invited family members and a few very close friends. They made sure to keep it under the radar for the Capitol, and Thana would only mention it if asked. Family is a private business to them, very important and should always come first in one's heart, but that family can be by blood but also very well by choice.

So as The Jardin's minus Sadiya make their way to their chairs to wait on the happy couple, many laughs are shared. Verrill wears a dark green suit, one that matches with Jamila's lighter green dress. Latif wears beige pants and an orange blouse; he seamlessly matches with his sisters; Zahra in a soft brown dress and Thana in an orange one.

The Sol's sit on the other side of the aisle with their partners, they too wear autumn looking colours.

Happiness is so visible between the families, especially once Sadiya and Clément make their way to the front with big smiles covering their faces. Clément in a dark blue suit and Sadiya in a white dress matched with a red-orange bouquet.

The mayor officiates the marriage between the happy couple, he smiles as he sees the pure and genuine happiness of the people present to celebrate the soon newlyweds.

"Clément Sol, do you take Sadiya Jardin to be your wife," the mayor says, "through happy times and sad times, do you promise to always be there for her and love her whole heartedly?"

"I do," Clément says and he slowly pushes the simple golden ring over Sadiya's finger.

"Sadiya Jardin, do you take Clément Sol to be your husband," the mayor continues, "through every up and down, do you promise to always be there for him and love him whole heartedly?"

"I do," Sadiya smiles as tears fall down her eyes while she puts a simple golden ring on Clément's finger.

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife," the mayor smiles, "you may kiss."

And they do, the newlyweds kiss gently in their union and hug each other under the cheers of their family. Their family, because now they are one family; no longer two, one.

After the ceremony, the families move to another secluded for a small reception. There the newlyweds get congratulated by their family before they have dinner.

"I am so happy for you two," Thana smiles as she hugs Clément and then her sister.

"I love you," Thana whispers to Sadiya once she lets go of her sister.

"And I love you," Sadiya answers her before she is taken in another hug.

Thana moves back to stand besides her brother, he pats her hair and raises his arm, so he leans on her.

Many laughs are shared as dinner takes place and so are many embarrassing stories.

After dinner, Clément and Sadiya get congratulated left and right as they make their way to the main square to celebrate their marriage with the whole of district 9.

Everyone wears their best clothes as a band starts to play the first song. A beautiful love song for the first dance of the couple. One that ends way to soon and with a kiss on Sadiya's head.

Next Clément dances with his mother, while Sadiya dances with Verrill. A dance that invites more people to join. The married couple return to each other as their parents start to dance with one another; Verrill with Jamila and Clément's parents with each other. Clément's sisters also join with their partners, Zahra with one of her friends and lastly Latif with Thana.

After that one dance it turn to the folk dances of the district, many laughs are heard throughout the night as drinks are drunken and twirls are danced. For one night, there is no difference in power or money. They are all one and the same, people from district 9. For that night, Thana isn't a victor of the games. No, she is back to a normal girl, one that loves to dance her feet death while twirling. She dances the whole night, with her parents, siblings, brother-in-law, Rohan, anyone; but she also dances alone. Her steps are almost magical as many people feel urged to join the young Jardin in her enthusiasm and happiness.

"It has been long since our children have been this happy," Verrill says to his wife, "I wished I could've protected them from it all."

"We both know we couldn't," Jamila smiles, "so make the most of it now that they are happy."

More people notice how happy everyone is, not only the families involved, but everyone. For a moment it feels like the pressure from the Capitol is gone as they celebrate life with each other. No hunger, no sickness, just happiness, warmth and most importantly hope.

So to say that the Capitol heard of the wedding between some man and the sister of their newest victor, is an understatement. Peacekeepers loved reporting it and the hope in people's eyes.

Nora speaking here!

I know it is a short chapter and very late, sorry for that. but I thought happiness is something Thana deserves and I am just very busy with uni work