Chapter 1 ~ The beggining...

I wake up to a loud bang of the car door being shut in front of me. I sit up and adjust my eyes to the light before stretching out my sore and aching muscles. The door next to me swings open as the driver stares at me expectantly. I rub my eyes and push myself out of the car.

"Sorry about the pranks Jeff. You know I loved you. And I know you will miss me. Say bye to the others for me!" He replies with a blank stare that he uses to try and hide his angry look so I quickly grab my stuff out of the boot of the car and take that as my cue to leave.

An older woman, in her 60's, quickly walks over to the driver and thanks him. He ignores her and once he sees that I've taken all my stuff out of the car he gets back in and quickly drives away.

"Charming" I mutter as I scoff under my breath.

"Hope." She greats with nasty look on her face. "Well don't you look a mess." She says loudly, eyeing me up and down. The women pulls me into the old building by my sleeve her grey short hair blowing back slight in the wind. "Call me Mrs Bernadine. You start school tomorrow and I expect you to be up in time and ready." She says quickly with a finality in her tone. Her sharp features stare me down.

She waits for my response as I look around at the peeling walls and the dripping ceiling. "Ooh, I love the vibe you're going with in here." I start, ready to test the limits of her patience, "it's a perfect blend of... horror and neglect." I let out a sweet smile looking over at her.

She huffs at my comment then walks up the creaky stairs. I quickly follow behind and she walks me to the last door in the corridor. I'm surprised she didn't retort to that, I could have some fun here.

"This is where you will be sleeping. I don't want to hear any complaints. You should study for school tomorrow. The principal sent us some books so you could catch up. Now go!" She pushes me into the room and slams the door behind me.

I take a look at the environment I have to call home. It's simple, and plane, but it's liveable. I mean it's on the better end of the scale if I compare it to a few of the other orphanages I've lived in.

The bed is a double, which I'm surprised about, and the sheets hold minimal amount of stains. It tacked away in the corner, near the window. There a desk with a mirror in it where a pile of books lay. I assume they're my school books. Finally, there's a small closet next to the desk. Okay, I can't complain, this room is nice.

It may be rough around the edges, like ripped wallpaper and chipped paint, but I have a double bed a desk and a wardrobe. This is living fancy for me!

I place my bags at the end of the bed and start unpacking. I manage to squeeze the small amount of clothes I have in the wardrobe and start to plan my outfit for school tomorrow. Bold and Confident, my usual.

~ The Next Morning ~

My alarm wakes me up in the morning along with the thudding footsteps of what I could guess was Mrs Bernadine. I slide yourself out of bed and have a shower. Another good part of my room was that I had a private bathroom. That was another luxury I never usually get, I guess this orphanage has good funding?

I get ready for school wearing a cropped black tank top with a named collective hoodie over the top, paired with some tight fitting grey cargos. Due to getting many different jobs at many different places, I was able to earn a lot of money for myself. As you can tell, I spent most of that on my clothes.

I take one look at myself in the mirror, my green eyes staring back at me as I brush my blonde hair behind my ear.

With a sigh, I finally will myself out of my room after applying some mascara and concealer to hide my dark bags. Each step I take down the stairs creak louder and louder, as if only was building up suspension in a horror movie.

"Took your time!" Mrs Bernadine shouts sarcastically, her shrill voice slightly puncturing your ear drums. "You shall take the bus, the school provided us with money for your fees due to your... situation." She spits, waving a hand over my body. "Now go quickly before you miss the bus!"She shouts, urging me out the door.

On my way out I see one of the other orphans, a young girl, and I smile at her. She smiles back with a friendly look that I hadn't seen in a while. I walk to the bus and make it just in time, god knows what I'd do if I missed that bus, definitely not have a date with Mrs Bernadine.

~ At The School ~

When I get to the school I realise that I'm a few minutes early and there are hardly any other people there. Thank god, I can't deal with big crowds sometimes. I walk into the school and look around the halls, hoping for any sign of where the principles office is.

I walk a few steps down a hallway and, to my luck, I come to a door that reads, "principles office". Perfect, just where I need to go.

I knock on the door and he lets me in. "Hello, hope harper, is it?" I nod, cringing at my full name as I sit down in front of him. "Here is your timetable, your locker details and some information about our school." He hands me everything and then starts talking again.

He goes on and on for a while and you drone out, feeling as though everything he is saying is unimportant. The only movement you do is a slight nod here and there to make sure he believes you're listening.

"So, do you think you're ready to go to your first class?" He questions, finishing his speech, finally. I nod quickly, ready to get out of the office already.

"Okay then, if you have any questions please ask one of our teachers, or my door is always open." He says kindly as a smile stretches across his face.

I smile back kindly and shake his hand,l before turning and walking out of his room.

I take a look at my locker number and start to trail up and down the lockers, okay... I'm number 32. I count the lockers as I walk down the hall.

"32! Perfect." I mumble to myself as I stand In front of the locker and grab my paper that has the code on it out of my bag.

I start folding with the padlock trying to unlock it, but every time I put in my code, nothing happens. "What the hell is wrong with this locker." I mutter to myself, the agitation slightly getting to me.

Just as I'm about to try again, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I jump slightly and turn to find the culprit. I make eye contact with a pair of brown eyes. Kindness just seeping through his eyes and merging into mine.

I take in the boy infront of me, he shifts awkwardly on his feet as his hand grasps the strap of his bag. His hair in messy on the top of his head and he's wearing a blue jumper and a pair of tan jeans.

He's cute...

The New Girl AroundOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara