Chapter 20 ~ Adopt...

"Actually, I want to adopt you." He says taking a deep breath as he finsishes the sentence.

My eyes widen in surprise, he must be joking, right? "If this is a joke I don't find it very funny!" I say, a serious tone to my voice. I begin to feel a slight sense of excitement, but I push that feeling down.

He smiles at me and stands up, "no it isn't a joke. You can stay if you want, all you need to do is let me adopt you." He says, and I can tell he's being serious.

I don't know what to think, how would I tell Peter I was adopted. He doesn't even know I'm an orphan. My mind is running with so many thoughts, worries and questions and I don't know what to do with myself.

Mr. Stark coughs reminding me he's still there which snaps me back to reality. "Why would you want to adopt me? You hardly know me, plus you already have enough adult sized children!" I say still confused and he laughs.

"Look, you're growing and so are your powers, which can be difficult to control and deal with. If you stay here with us, you can train with me and some of the other avengers here. So what do you say? I need an answer soon..." he raises his eyebrows, ready to hear what I want.

Before I let myself overthink it I blurt out, "yes! I'll stay!" Excitement coats my voice as he smiles and extends his arm out for a hand shake.

I push it away and hug him, still in shock of what just happened. I'm no longer going to be an orphan. I mean, he's not gonna be my dad, but it's still better than being an orphan.

After a few seconds of standing stiffly in my grasp, he returns the hug making me smile. "I'll go get this sorted out. See you around kid." He says as he pulls away from the hug smiling.

"Wait, could I visit at least once a week? There's this little girl I've got to know and she's like my little sister." I say, worry filling my body.

"Of course, If you ever want to visit call Happy. I'll have my assistant sort it out." He says quickly, making my worries disappear.

I smile and thank him as he walks out the room. When I'm sure he's gone I start jumping up and down on the spot screaming quietly with a wide smile on my face. I hear a notification so I quickly calm down and check my phone to see who it is.

~ Messages ~

Peter:
Hey Hope, I was talking to Mr Stark earlier today and he asked if I could help with training tonight, you up for it?

Hope:
Oh, he didn't mention anything a few seconds ago. It must of slipped his mind but sure, I've just had a random energy burst anyways.

Peter:
Yeah he must of forgot, but that's great! I'll be there in like 10 minutes. See you soon.

Hope:
Great, see you soon!

~ Back to Room ~

By the time I'm ready and changed, Peter knocks on my door, I open it quickly and smile. "Hey Peter." I say still excited from earlier.

"Hey, You ready?" He asked, smile spreading across his face as he sees my mood. I nod and he takes me down to a huge training room where there's a couple girls already in there.

They smile at me and walk over, "hey, I'm Nat. I've heard a lot about you from Peter." She says, smirking slightly.

I see Peter blush a little as he splutters out, "w-who? Me? N-never! I don't know what you're talking about..." he splutters out. He sounded unsure and nervous which made me laugh a little.

The other girl steps forward with an even bigger smile than the other, "Hi I'm Wanda. We're here to help you train along with Peter."

I smile shaking both their hands, "that's great!" It'll be good to have a couple girl friends around here.

"So, what's your ability?" Nat asks as Peter joins them in front of me.

"Telekinesis and healing." I say, still finding it weird being so open about it.

They all look surprised as I say healing, "we've never had someone who can heal, Is it easy?" Nat says as Wanda studies me making me feel a little awkward.

"uh no... it drains my energy quite a bit and it may take a long time depending on the injury." I say as U keep looking over to Wanda, worried why her eyes are studying me like that.

"Could I?" She says as she rolls up my sleeve, not even waiting for my answer. She grabs a pocket knife and puts it against your skin not yet piercing the surface.

I squeeze my eyes waiting for the cold blade to sink further into my skin until Peter interrupts, "what are you doing?" He shouts slightly, a look of confusion and anger shooting across his face.

He goes to grab the knife but Wanda stops him, "we have to test how strong she is and if she can become any stronger." Nat says, finally piercing my skin. I didn't object as I had no reason to. I have been through so much worse and this will eventually help me, so why not?

She cuts from the top of your forearm to the bottom, I hardly even wince at the pain. When she finishes she looks up to me, "could you try heal that?" She asks, a sense of excitement filling her eyes.

I nod and hover my hand above the wound, blue mist emerging and dancing around slowly fixing it piece by piece. The mist only appears when blood it drawn, I'm not sure why, but that's just how it's always been.

Already feeling the energy being drained from me, I stumble back a couple steps. My head starts to go dizzy but I shake it off and try it again.

The wound has mostly healed but I'm unaware of my surroundings, the voices are blurry and my sight is blurry, I can't even feel my body anymore. But I keep going.

After a couple more minutes I finish. I slowly lower my hands and sit down in a seat near me, "that was amazing!" Wanda says, finally letting Peter run to my weak helpless body.

"She's hardly even alive!" He shouts checking my pulse. I flutter my eyes open and look at him. I put my hand on his hand that's squeezed against my wrist and mumble, "I'm fine Peter, I just need five minutes to regain my energy..." I mumble, struggling to get the words out.

I feel Peter stay with, his hand in mine as he watches me closely. Suddenly, he looks behind him. "I'll be back in a minute, okay? Call me if you need me." He says, his eyes darting across my face for a few seconds before he gets up and walks over to Wanda and Nat.

After a few minutes, I slowly regain energy, feeling more able to get up and move around. I stand up and walk over towards their group, forcing a smile upon your face.