Chapter 10 ~ The Dog...

"Well it looks like it's all better now. That was quick." She says as she takes a closer look at my face. She acts as if I'm lying, trying to see if the mark is still there.

I take a step back to move away from her inspecting me, "Uh no I've just covered it with makeup... I really have to go. Sorry." I say quickly, annoyed at the interaction.

She stands up tall and smiles, "that's fine. Hopefully you don't hurt yourself again, somehow. I'll see you around, Bye!" She spits out with hidden venom. She begins to walk away a smug smile on her lips.

I roll my eyes, I've seen many popular girls in my time to know that they're all rude, just sometimes they hide it better. I go to the bathroom and quickly look around. I don't see anyone in there so I quickly lift up my shirt to check on the bruise on your hip and ribs.

They've definitely gone down slightly, but the bruise is still very prominent. The pain is also getting slightly more bearable. Time will heal if, I guess.

"Woah... that didn't happen from your dog..." I jump at the sudden voice. I quickly pull my top down and turn to see Mj staring at the side of my body. "What happened there?" She asks again, her eyes scrunching up in confusion.

I didn't check the stalls, she must have been in one and I didn't notice. "Oh nothing. I just fell down the stairs." I lie, faking a small laugh to try and convince her I'm telling the truth.

"That doesn't look like you fell down the stairs." She argues, walking closer reaching out to lift my top up but I move away instinctively.

"It's fine Mj. It looks worse than it is. You should go back to the cafeteria, I'll be there in a second." I say, really wanting a moment alone. She slowly nods her head and walks out after a few glances at my hip.

I'm just glad she didn't notice the two in my back, or the fresher bruise on my face. I'm gonna have to play myself as a really clumsy person if I'm going to get her to believe me.

After I calm down I leave the toilets and walk to the table, being careful I don't bump into someone. Wouldn't want to have to talk to them about my 'dog'.

As I sit down everyone avoids eye contact with me so I just pretend nothings wrong and hope they forget about it.

Suddenly, Mj breaks the silence, only not with a change of subject. "so what actually happened to you? I mean your hip looks like you've been squished in one of those car flattening machines and your eye... I don't see how you could do that from a fall." She asks, piecing everything together.

I roll my eyes wondering why they won't drop it, every time I got hit in my old schools no one cared, they all assumed I was attention seeking or that I just fell.

"Why won't you believe me? It's really not that interesting." I say, frustrated with all the questions. The bell rings at the end of the sentence, saving me from having to lie even more. I quickly get up and grab my bag, "I'll talk to you guys later." I mumble, walking away before they even have a chance to get up.

~ End Of The Day ~

As I walk out the door I see Peter leaning against the wall and when he sees me he quickly gets up to his feet and walks towards me.

"Hey! So me Ned and Mj are all hanging out, do you want to come?" Before I get the chance to say no, he interrupts me, "We won't mention anything about the juice carton incident. It'll be fun." He says quickly.

I smile and nod my head. It'll be nice to hang out with friends for once, I never usually get to do that.

"R-really? I didn't expect you to say yes. Uh ok well we will be outside waiting for you." He stutters, a large smile spreading across his fall face. He walks away quickly and I text Mrs. Bernadine.