Chapter 18 ~ The deal...

When I get home I start taking your makeup off when Peter calls you. I eye the phone nervously before I pick it up and lean it against my shoulder, continuing to take my makeup off.

"Hey Hope. Sorry about leaving the party earlier..." he says, his voice sounding sad and disappointed. "I- I heard about what you did for me." He finishes, and I can practically hear the smile on his face.

I suddenly stop, quickly putting the phone on speaker and putting it on the table. "Don't worry about it, he deserved it. Plus, I'd do it for any of my friends..." I look at yourself in the mirror not knowing what to say, "did Ned tell you?" You ask, unsure of how he found out.

"Yeah, well sorta, he showed me the video." He says, small laugh leaving his lips.

"What? There's a video! Omg. Omg. Why is there a video?" I start panicking slightly. If Mrs B sees that im dead.

He laughs a little, not understanding the situation I'm in. "don't worry, it's only on Flash's story. it's nothing bad, It's just you standing up for me." He reply's, trying to calm me down.

I go onto Flash's story and watch the video as Peter keeps talking. "Uh, Peter I have to go." I say once I finish watching the video. I may have interrupted him but I wasn't really listening to what he was saying anyway.

"Oh, ok. I'll see you tomorrow." He says and I end the call quickly. My finger finds my messages quickly hoping Mrs B hasn't seen the messages yet. I know how angry Mrs Bernadine would get if she saw me out, with this video out, she could cancel everything and bring me back to the orphanage.

I see a few messages from her but because I've had her muted I've only just seen them now. I quickly open it hoping she hasn't seen the video.

~ Messages ~

Mrs Bernadine:
How dare you threaten me! When you get back here you won't know what's coming!

Mrs Bernadine:
Hellooo?! Are you ignoring me! How dare you! When you get back you better watch out!

Mrs Bernadine:
Watch your back, Hope Harper, you've crossed a line!

~ Back To The Room ~

I sigh a small breath of relief, which would usually be a weird reaction to texts like those, but in this situation it is amazing.

This means she hasn't seen the video, meaning I need to get the video off his story as soon as possible before she can. God knows how I'm going to do that.

I put my pyjamas on and watch Netflix, hoping that will calm my anxieties about the video. Luckily, it send me quickly to sleep.

~ At School ~

I walk to my locker in the morning and grab out my science book. When I shut the door I see Peter next to me smiling.

"Oh hey, Peter." I say, sending him a genuine smile.

He starts walking with me to lesson as he speaks, "Hey, so my science club needs an assistant to ask questions and test us while going on our trip and seeing as you didn't want to join the club, maybe you want to do this?" he asks with a hopeful look.

I can see how bad he wants me to go so I reply with, "I'll talk to sir about it after the lesson." A small smile spreading across my lips. He smiles as I turn and open the door. It could be fun going on a school trip, I never have before. Plus, now's the time to do it, before Mrs, Bernadine stops me.

As usual, the teacher is late so me and Peter find a seat and talk until he arrives.

The lesson drags on for what felt like days but I could see that Peter enjoyed it. Science is 100% his favourite subject. It's my second favourite, After Engineering, of course.

The bell rings and I get up quickly, walking to lunch with Peter. I sit down with Mj and Ned after I get my food.

"Hey, how was double science?" Mj says a hidden meaning in her tone.

"It was alright I guess." I say, not really paying attention. I haven't been listening all day, my minds been on that video.

I can hear everyone mumbling in the background when I see Flash walking in with his food through the cafeteria. I quickly stand up and walk over to him, knowing I need to get that video down.

"Hey, Parker's girlfriend, how are you?" He says laughing as his friends laugh behind him.

I scoff, "Haha. Very funny. Now can you take that video down? Enough people have seen it." I spit, hoping this is easy. Everyone is look at us as he places his plate of food on the table next to him.

He crosses his arms and looks me up and down,"And why would I do that?" He asks, a smug look on his face.

"Because I said so. Just take the video down, ok?" I ask, hoping he just drops this and deletes the video.

His friends behind him all whisper and mumble as Flash laughs to himself, "I quite like the video. It's getting a lot of views. Actually, you should thank me. I just made you famous." He says seriously.

I look over to Peter and see that he's walking towards us both. My eyes start to well up but you hide it as best as you can, I can't seem weak. People won't understand.

"Flash, just delete the video!" I say slightly raising my voice. Before Flash can reply, Peter reaches us.

Peter is standing in front of me now, blocking Flash from my view. "Flash, delete the video." He says, calmly, trying to diffuse the situation.

"Peter I can handle this." I say as I grab his shoulder, but he pulls away from me.

"Oooh. Peters protecting his girlfriend, how cute." I finally force myself in front of Peter and I stand close to Flash.

"Look, are you going to delete that video or not?" I ask, fed up at us going around in circles.

He moves closer to my face and smirks, "no." He says simply, leaning back slightly.

I clench my fists and glare at him. I can tell I'm beginning to get out of control and my powers are going to end up doing something. Then, I feel someone's fingers intertwine with mine. I look down to my hand and smile as I see that it's Peters.

I look up at him and see he's smiling down at me, understanding I need to do this. I take a deep breath and turn my attention back to flash.

"Flash, what can I do to get you to take that video down?" I say as I've calmed down a little.

"Well, you would have to go on a date with me." He says, thinking I wouldn't agree. As he says this I feel Peters hand clench in mine. I give him a reassuring squeeze then let go of his hand.

"Deal." I say, my arms crossing. I see him smile and others laugh and mumble things under their breaths. "But, you take the video down now. When I see the video is gone I'll go get ice cream with you for a few minutes."

"A few hours." He says quickly, unhappy at the agreement.

I laugh, "Half an hour. Final offer." I say, smiling slightly.

He smiles and puts his hand out, "fine." I shake it then turn away, tired of seeing his smug face.