Chapter 14 ~ Happy...

I start cooking food and Honey comes to help me. She reads me the recipe and helps measure out some things. She looks like she's happy she can help, which makes me happy she's helping.

"Oh no stop!" I scream as I run to Honey. She pours a lot of salt into the mixture, making me cringe.

I take it out her hand and she laughs. I let out a small sigh as I eye the mixture. "That is not going to taste very nice... oh well, the show must go on. Could you pass me that?" I say to her pretending it never happened. Why worry about it, it's done now.

When me and Honey finish eating out very salty dish, I get a text from Peter and I smile. Realising a smile is on my face, I quickly hide it and look at the message.

~ Messages ~

Peter:
Hey Hope, Sorry about today.

Hope:
It's ok. How did it go with Liz anyways?

Peter:
It went ok. Mr. Stark told me your parents are letting you stay at his for a month.

Parents? At least mr. Stark didn't say anything about my... situation.

Hope:
Oh did he? Yeah well if I had a choice I would of said no.

Peter:
Why? I mean he can help you with your abilities and you can help him with his work, it sounds great to me.

Hope:
I guess we are just very different then. I should get going I have stuff to do.

Peter:
Oh ok. I'll see you tomorrow cause I have to talk to Mr. Stark.

Hope:
Ok, I'll see you then. Bye.

~ Back to Orphanage ~

"Is that Peter?" Honey says as she jumps down from her tall chair and slides towards me, excitement overtaking her face.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I reply, putting my phone in my pocket, begging to pick up the empty bowls.

"you were smiling most of the time. Plus every time you messaged back you would stare at your phone waiting for an answer. I think that means you like him." She says in a "matter of fact" kind of tone.

I laugh as I put the dishes in the sink and turn on the hot water. "Even if I did like him, he's in love with someone already. I can tell by the way he looked at her in the cafeteria." I reply, a sense of sadness overtaking me, "But it doesn't even matter because I don't like him." I say, shaking my head from such thoughts.

"I'm gonna miss you." She sighs, her eyes falling to the floor.

I frown, quickly lifting her face to look at me. "Hey hey hey, I'll only be gone for-" she cuts me off before I can finish.

"I know, I know, you'll be back in a month. You need to stay with them, Hopey, they will help you control your powers and make you happier! I may be young but I am wise." She jokes at the end, trying to brighten the mood.

I start washing up thinking about what she said as she plays with her toys. Maybe I should stay, but I don't want to leave Honey here by herself. I don't know what I'd do if Mrs. Bernadine ever hurt her.

When I finish the washing up I do my last few chores then go to bed after helping Honey get to sleep. My body still in pain, but not as bad as last night.

~ The Next Day ~

I have already packed my bags and gotten ready to move so I go downstairs and see Mrs. Bernadine snoring on the sofa while watching the chase.

I laugh to myself as I see her double chin expand with every breath, as if it was going to explode.

There's a knock at the door which grabs my attention. Mrs. Bernadine shoots up from her reclinable chair and opens the door with a smile.

"Morning. The girl is just behind me, I'm sure you won't need any help?" She says sweetly, moving out the way of the door and lets the man in.

He walks in with a smile so friendly and warming and he grabs your bags, "I'm sure I can manage, thanks for asking." He says, walking to the car and I go to follow but as he loads my stuff in the trunk Mrs. B pulls me back and whispers.

"Be on your best behaviour. Don't you dare embarrass me. I'm warning you." She says, quickly pulling a smile back on her face as the man turns to look at us.

She pushes me forward towards the man. He still has a smile on his face, stubble covering his chin. He's on the larger side, but he looks like a teddy bear, he matches his name very well.

"I'm ready when you are!" He smiles and opens the door. I start walking for it when you hear small footsteps running towards me. Suddenly I jump as something grabs my stomach.

"bye hopey! I'm going to miss you." The sweet voice makes my heart ache. I look down and see Honey clenching onto my stomach whilst looking down at the floor.

"I'm going to keep in touch, ok? Look at me, you be a good girl. I don't want you getting into any trouble while I'm gone. Got it?" I say sternly, but she knows it's coming from a place of love.

She nods and Mrs. B grabs her shoulder and pushes her back to the house. I begin to feel worried for the small girl.

I walk up to Mrs. B and whisper, "Don't you dare hurt her. I don't care what she does but if you hurt her I will hurt you." I say sternly, knowing she's unable to hurt me. But even if she was able to, I wouldn't care, Honeys safety comes first.

Mrs. Bernadine's face scrunches up in anger at these words, but Happy interrupts before she can say anything, "we really should get going..." I turn and pass him a small smile, letting him know I am coming.

I turn to Honey who's standing in the doorway and I wave goodbye. I smile at the small girl as I get in the car with Happy.