Chapter 5 ~ The Candlestick...

Halfway through the lesson, the tension has subsided but I see Peter looking down at a draw. This is the third time now.

"What are you doing?" I question, curiosity fuelling me. He looks up at me quickly surprise written all over his face and the draw starts flooding with this foamy liquid stuff.

"Did you do that? That's amazing, Peter." He looks at me with a confused look and the teacher notices.

"Everyone out! Peter, Hope, detention tomorrow after school!" She shouts, anger visible in her face.

"What! I didn't do anything!" She ignores me as she walks out the room. Peter sighs, walking out the classroom with everyone else and I see him heading for the door so I follow him.

"Where are you going?" He turns and sees me behind him. A guilty look written on his face.

"I uh I have to be at my internship at stark industries. I'm sorry about all that but uh I'll be back in for last lesson, I'll see you then." He walks out quickly cutting me off.

"What was that all about?" I whisper to myself as I watch his figure leaving.

"Hope, over here!" The teacher shouts after me, making me drag my eyes away from peter.

~ Last Lesson ~

Throughout the day I have been covering for Peter saying that he was in the nurses office. Finally, I see Peter at the door and he tries to sneak over to the seat next to me, but the teacher sees him.

"Parker. Would you like to explain where you have been, I've heard from someone else but I want to hear it from you." Peter stops and closes his fists in a tight grip, his jaw clenching.

I whisper to him to grab his attention and luckily his eyes glance over at me, I mouth the words nurse hoping he can use his brain for something good, like lying.

"Uh I was at the turns? No the noose?" He says as more of a question leaves his lips. The teacher turns her attention to me and sees me attempting to mouth the words to Peter. Obviously I was failing miserably.

"Hope can join you in detention tomorrow after school." The teacher says smugly, his eyes giving us a pointed look.

"Sir, uh we already have a detention Tomorrow after school..." Peter replies, humour in his voice at the situation we got ourselves in.

"Well you'll have to stay for an extra hour then, won't you?" He replies quickly before turning his attention back to the board.

I try and hold in your laughter as Peter sits next to me. "What were you trying to say?!" He whispers in a fit of laughter.

I'm laughing as quietly as I can which makes Peter start laughing even harder. I lean back, my stomachs starting to hurt from laughing so much.

Unfortunately, that leads me to fall off my chair, leading me and Peter into hysterics. The whole class looks at us as I stumble up to my feet. Some of the others in the class start to snicker at the scene in front of them.

"Right! Hope and Peter, out! Now!" The teacher screams, his voice so loud it echos through the classroom.

Me and Peter stumble out the classroom in tears laughing, our breaths long gone. We both try to stop laughing and once I'm able to keep a straight face for a few seconds I explain, "I was mouthing to you nurse! How did you not get that?!" I giggle slightly at his stupidity.

"I don't know! I couldn't really see, I was trying to be sneaky!" We both start laughing again until the teacher walks out the lesson and stands in front of us.