Chapter fourteen

Hey guys. I know it has been a long long time since I updated and I am so so sorry. I can't even express how sorry I am. I've just been really busy with classes and homework and I'm in WSU production and I'm in a sorority all of it just takes up most of my time. And I've sort of been on writers block for a while as well. And I've just had some personal things going on. 

Anyway I'm really sorry, please forgive me! 

I am also sorry that this chapter is sort of a filler and it's rather short. Next chapter will be much better, I promise. 

Chapter fourteen

I felt like my jaw hit the floor. "What?" I finally managed to say.

"If you're going into shock and you feel like you might faint, let us know now that way one of us has time to catch you," Trey said with the ghost of a smile as he walked closer and put his arm around Lissa.

"He proposed in San Francisco when we were on the boat tour. It was actually really romantic," Lissa said gazing at him with so much love she could've had stars in her eyes. "The sun was setting and he took me to the front of the boat and told me all of these sweet things and how much he loved me. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and everyone was cheering and clapping and it was just magical."

Trey shrugged. "I got game."

She elbowed him in the side and he tightened his grip on her hip before kissing her.

"But you guys are still kids!" I said still attempting to let the shock settle in.

"Not legally," Lissa said simply.

"What...when...what the hell are you going to tell your parents?" I sputtered out.

Lissa looked at Trey. "Well..." She said as if she was thinking her words over carefully. "We were thinking...their anniversary is coming up next week and we thought we could throw them a little party. You know invite the rest of the parents. We could cook food and decorate everything really nicely...and you could sing a song because everyone adores you. Then we'd tell them," she said simply.

I just looked at her with no response coming to mind. "It's like buttering them up," Trey said with a grin spread across his face.

"And what about your parents?" I insisted looking at Trey. "They don't have an anniversary coming up."

"My parents won't be as protective, I'm a boy," he said shrugging. As if it were that simple.

My head was spinning. They hadn't told anyone yet except for me and already I was apart of their plan to make their parents less mad.

"You don't think either of your parents will disapprove?" I asked while crossing my arms. "Your parents were engaged and were almost married right out of high school. You don't think that their mistake might make them a little iffy on this decision?”

Lissa shrugged. “I mean even if they don’t approve it our lives. They no longer have the power to force us to do anything.”