Chapter four

Sorry it's been so long since my last update, I have shows for the two weeks and I'm the lead so I've been super busy! Not too mention Ive had tones of homework. But enjoy! I'll probably upload when this has over 150 comments. :P 

Everyone had been treating me as if I was about to burst into flames, or explode. As if I was fragile and near the point of shattering.

I suddenly felt like Lissa whenever she would do something ‘bad’ or after she had screamed at someone.

The people in this house have a bad habit of being timid around people.

Maybe it’s a way of trying to avoid the actual problem?

Half way through the day when I hadn’t left my room something was slipped under the door. I found myself smiling as I jumped off the bed and ran to pick up the envelope.

By now I knew what it was.

Whether you’re singing or just talking.

I was a little confused until I looked at the glow in the dark star.

Your voice.

I opened the door to see him standing there grinning at me. He looked up at the ceiling and smiled wider. “You’ve been adding them.”

“Well I want the stars to look less weird don’t I?” I asked with a small smile of my own.

“Here,” he said holding his hand out so I could place the star in his upturned palm. “Allow me.”

He stood on the chair and placed the star near the others. “How chivalrous,” I said with a fake sigh.

“Don’t mock my kindness,” he said with a joking smile. It looked as if he was going to elbow me but thought better of it. “Care to get something to eat?” He asked after a moment of silence.

“I’m not that hungry,” I said automatically.

He raised an eyebrow at me. “The last time you ate was yesterday. I originally thought it was at lunch but it turns out you only ate breakfast. Zoey told me you just watched them eat.”

“What a snitch,” I said trying to go back to joking.

“Come eat something with me,” he persisted.

I sighed before agreeing and following him downstairs. I grabbed an apple as he started making toast and eggs.

“Where’s everyone else?” I asked between small bites of apple.