Chapter one

Well here's the new story, let me know howyou all like it!! Vote and comment with your thoughts please and thank you!

Chapter one

I was almost to the stairs when a door opened and someone slammed into me. The force sent me tumbling down the steps and I didn’t stop until I hit the railing at the corner of the stairs.

I groaned as I put a hand to the back of my head. I looked up to see Jace standing at the top of the stairs. He looked down at me and laughed. I sighed. He was drunk again.

He had either been closing himself in his room or drinking since Lissa had gone.

Funny how he had wanted her to stop drinking and now that she was gone he had started.

Jace and his twin brother Trey had spent half of the summer fighting over Lissa. It made being at our family's vacation house really difficult and almost awkward. Last week however she had made the final decision that she had chosen Trey. She followed Trey to the airport, because he had decided to leave so him and Jace wouldn’t continue to fight all summer. She said she might try to talk him into coming back to the vacation house but she hadn’t returned and none of us know what state or even what country they’re in.

I pushed myself to my feet before walking up the stairs to him. “Come on,” I said taking his arm.

I started to lead him downstairs but he protested, “Where are we going? I don’t want to go downstairs.”

“We’re getting coffee,” I said quietly. “Now be quiet, people are trying to sleep.”

I managed to get him down the stairs and into the kitchen with him only stumbling once. I handed him a cup of coffee and he wrinkled his nose at it. “I don’t want that.”

“Too bad, you’re drinking it,” I said in a tone that left nothing open for discussion.

“You better listen to her,” a voice said from the door. “She seems pretty serious.” I turned to see that the voice belonged to Ian, Lissa’s twin brother. How in the world was it possible that there were two sets of twins? I don’t know. Luckily Lissa and Ian only had each other’s eyes and hair color. The similarities ended there. They didn’t even act the same.

If Ian was worried about her he wasn’t showing it, although I’m sure he is. He always protects her and wants what’s best for her even if they fight a lot.

“Did we wake everyone up?” I asked worried that Lianne or Zoey would be mad. As if in answer Zoey and Lianne walked into the room with knowing smiles as I sighed and let my head drop back. Zoey was Ian and Lissa’s younger sister, her hair was just past her shoulder blades and was a dirty blonde, whereas Lissa and Ian’s was a lighter blonde, and she had brown eyes. Lianne was the daughter of one of my parents family friends, Kalina and Brad. Her mother was Latina so she had beautiful tan skin and dark brown hair that reached her shoulders and chocolate brown eyes.

“We were already awake,” Lianne said giving me a small smile.

“Liar,” I laughed at her. “Sorry,” I continued. “I was just gonna get him to drink some coffee and then I was going to get him up to bed.