Chapter two

Sorry for taking a while to update. I was in portland and then my birthday was a few days ago and I got a tattoo so yeah!

Anyway Let me know what you all think by voting and commenting, please and thank you!

Chapter two

There were bruises on my wrists and my hips and ribs and I was starting to get a black eye. My lip was split and my eyes were red from crying. I had sat in the shower for forty-five minutes but I still felt disgusted.

Everything went so wrong.

I rake my hands through my hair as tears spill down my cheeks as the screams echoed through my head and laughter bounced against the walls.

I woke up covered in sweat and breathing hard.

Oh no. The nightmares are coming back. I hadn’t had a nightmare since late May, although they had started in January right after the incident.

I rolled over and closed my eyes but I could still hear the screaming and laughter.

I got out of bed before walking upstairs and crawling out onto the roof. I hadn’t looked at what time it was but the stars were still out and the horizon was just barely starting to lighten.

“Do you ever sleep?” Someone said behind me causing me to jump.

It was Ian. “Yeah,” I said shrugging. I’m just not tired right now.”

“You weren’t tired the other night either,” he said with a small smile as he climbed out the window and sat next to me. I ignored his comment so he continued, “Any particular reason you sit out on the roof?”

I shrugged. “Lissa used to sit out here, once I’d found it I realized it’s really peaceful. It’s a good place to think...and I just woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep.”

“Did you have a bad dream or something?” He asked putting a hand on my knee to comfort me.

I scooted away from him making him drop his hand. “Yeah...it was a nightmare,” I said quietly.

“Is everything alright?” He asked with concern laced through his voice. “You’ve been kinda jumpy lately.”

“I’m just not used to being so close to everyone. I guess I have more of a space bubble then everyone else.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that,” he said shrugging. “If you ever need anything, or just want to talk, I’m here for you.”

“Thanks Ian,” I said smiling. “That means a lot.”

“Think you could manage to go back to bed?” He asked with a small laugh. “Because honestly, I’m exhausted.”

“Sure,” I lied as I followed him back inside.

“Night, Zalee.”

“Goodnight,” I said before walking back downstairs. I closed my door behind me and sighed.

There was no way I was going back to bed just so I could get more nightmares. That wasn’t happening.

I looked around my room for something to do. I took a thumbtack and hung the postcard from Seattle on my bare wall across from my bed.

Maybe I really will collage it for Lissa to see when she comes back.

I pushed my desk chair to the middle of my room and balanced on it so I could try and get the four stray glow in the dark stars down. My fingers barely grazed one. I groaned in protest before putting my foot on the back of the chair to try and make myself taller.