Chapter 7

I hate going to things for Jun's work. Jun works at the same company his dad owns, so it becomes a family affair.

I'm currently in some penthouse that is worth more money that i will ever see in my entire life. It's for a dinner party, and honestly i'm just here for the food... and to support my loving fiance of course.

We've been here for about an hour, and hopefully we'll be leaving soon. As i walk around, trying to look at-home, i see someone i know. Mingyu!

"Mingyu, hey!" I smile and hug him. He's such a sweet man... he's kinda like a father figure to Jun too.

"Oh, Sana. It's so good to see you! Been keeping Jun in line? I haven't seen you two in a few weeks since i've been out of town." He says.

At first i think nothing of it and i do the whole smile and nod thing. Then, I stars thinking. He hasn't seen us? He saw Jun two nights ago when they had the work thing...

"I thought you saw Jun the other night? I ask, still smiling hide my worry.

"Oh no... I was in Singapore on business." He assures me.

I nod and smile at him widely. "Oh, that's nice. Well, I'm gonna run to the restroom. It was good to see you!" I say and leave the room.

Jun lied to me. He lied... he lied? What is that about?! He never lies!

Of course in the midst of my mid-relationship crisis i make a very unplanned decision to leave the party... alone. I go downstairs and get the car service that brought us here to take me to the only person i feel like speaking with. Tzuyu. Jun is just going to have to take an Uber home, that's his payback.

I knock on the door of Jun's parents house and Tzuyu answers, thankfully.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She laughs and leans her head against her arm that's propped on the door.

"I- I wanted to talk." I say and try to act normal. I don't want to make accusations and stuff, but i'm so lost. "Is anyone else home?" i ask her.

"No, just me. Parents went to Mexico for a little vacation yesterday." Tzuyu informs me.

"So that's why they weren't at the dinner party..." I nod and walkk inside.

"That'd be why." Tzuyu says and closes the door behind me. "So what's up? What did you want to talk about?" She asks and hold her arms over her chest.

"Jun lied to me." I admit and throm my clutch on the couch and kick my heels off my feet before flopping down on my back.

"What about?" She questions and sits beside my head.

I sigh and lay my head on her thighs, "remember the work thing from the other night?" i ask.

"Mmhm."

"There wasn't one. I talked to 'Mingyu', bit he basically ruined Jun. He's been in Singapore! Fucking Singapore, Tzuyu! He hasn't even spoken to Jun!" I gripe, getting a little angry.

"So... Jun has someone else in his phone listed as Mingyu, and he went somewhere the other night after speaking with 'Mingyu'..." Tzuyu says, laying it out.

"What do you think?" I ask, looking up at her hopefully.

Tzuyu takes a breath and looks down at me. "I think you're gonna have to do some investigative work, my dear." She grins and touches my hair.

"Tzuyu..."

"Sana..." She mocks.

"I can't snoop! We trust each other!" I explain and kick my feet like a small child.

"Then why are you worried? Why are you here indirectly asking if i think my brother would cheat on you if you trust each other?" She asks, making a good point. She knew exactly what i was thinking.

I pause for a moment and bite my lip, "I'm gonna have to snoop?" I whisper quietly.

"If you want real answer, yes. Or confront him... but that won't end well. Jun does not handle confrontation well." She says confidently.

I nod and sigh, "this is bed. I need a P.I."

"I don't know if that's the best way to approach... maybe someone who is a little less on-the-radar..." Tzuyu suggests.

"Right, since I know so many hackers and stalkers." I roll my eyes and sit up. She laughs and i look at her for a moment. "You know people?" I ask genuinely shocked.

"I know people." She pauses and pushes her already-messy hair around. "Hang on, I'm gonna go make a call." She tells me and runs to the other room.

This is totally insane, but it might need to be done. Even if it comes up to be nothing, at least i know. I love Jun and i do trust him, but this is sketchy. Why lie?

***

A few hours two glasses of wine later I'm sitting on the couch in a t-shirt i stole as well.

Tzuyu made the call and now we have a computer-savvy, well dressed, gay man with a laptop pulling all of my fiance's phone information. It's not totally legal, but it's a secret.

"It's done downloading!" He says. I look at him anxiously and try to get up, but Tzuyu pushes me down. "No, let me see first." She says adn hand me her glass.

I roll my eyes and lay back, clutching her wine glass. She looks at the laptop and i watch her expression intently. Okay... Tzuyu's face is hard to read. She shows no emotion whatsoever.

"What is it?" I ask fearful.

She sighs and sits down beside me, "gimme." She demands and takes both glasses from my hands. "Read it, please don't do anything stupid." She says.

I take the laptop and start to read and scroll. What i see is my worst nightmare coming to life. Jun is cheating on me.