Chapter 14

I wake up when my sister throws a pillow onto my bed. I slowly sit up and look at her and then Tzuyu, who is still sleeping beside me.

"I made breakfast." She says and walks away. I can't tell if she's mad that Tzuyu stayed here or not, but something is definitely bothering her.

I get out of the bed and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair before I wake Tzuyu up.

"Hey, sleepyhead." I say and she start to stir. "Wake up, we have breakfast waiting for us." I tell her.

She stretches and slaps the bed beside her. I look out the door, checking to see where Mina is, and then walk over and lay down beside her.

"I'm sorry for last night." I whisper.

She smiles a little, "I told you not to worry about it." She says.

"Well, It's hard for me not to."

"Don't"

"Fine, I'll make it up to you somehow. Let's go eat." I tell her and grab her hand and drag her to the kitchen with me.

We have breakfast with my sister and Tzuyu leaves for the day. Rather that just sitting here doing absolutely nothing, I decide to go look for a job. I get dressed... in a dress... and head out to look for a job.

To make a long story short, I have been to five different places and no one has given me a second look, until i got to my current destination.

It's a big company and the lady at the front desk made a call to one of guys here and he sounded pretty excited to meet me. After sitting on the small leather couch in the lobby for some time, a man in grey suit approaches me, "Sana?" He asks.

I stand and shakes his hand and smile widely. "That's me. You must be Mr. Tuan?" I ask and he nod his head.

"I am, but please. Call me Mark. Look, I know this it short notice, but if you'd be up for an interview I have fifteen minutes slot open... I'm looking for a new assistant of sorts..." he says.

"Oh, I didn't bring anything, but sure." I stutter. That caught me off guard.

The well-dressed man takes me up to his office and I'm slightly intimidated by his office itself. It's very... big.

He's got everything organized in a certain way, it's almost like he's OCD. I carefully walks over the chair on the side of his desk that faces the window and he sits on the large chair and unbotton his suit jacket.

"So Sana, tell me a little about you." He instructs with this sly grin on his face.

I go to speak, but my words seem to have some trouble finding their way out. "Oh... Um. Well, I-I-"

"You're nervous?" He laughs

I smile and bite my cheek. "Slightly... I feel a little unprepared." I admit.

"No worries. Let's try this... I'll ask the questions, you give me answers." He pauses and looks at me intently. "Where did you work before?"

"I actually didn't. It's sort of complicated... I was in a relationship for really long time and my fiance didn't want me working, so I stayed home. We split, and now I'm back at square one." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." He says.

"Yeah, it's okay. I mean- I have a degree, I just don't use it..." I pause and sigh, "what else would you like to know?"

"Are you a good worker?"

"I would like to think I am." I say and laugh a little.

"Then that's all I need to know... you're hired. Start next Monday?" He asks me.

I'm very shocked to hear this and I don't know what to say. "I-oh-I-"

"Is that a yes?" The man asks me, his brows raised.

"Of course! Thank you, Mr. T- I mean, Mark" I say and smile shyly.

"Great. Come on, I'll walk you out." He says.

"Thank you."

After my interview I call my sister, Mina.

"You find a job?" She asks

"I did actually, I'll start on Monday. So I have next four days of freedom. Let's do something fun!" I say

"Mm, I'll see. Some of the girls wanted to go take a little road trip." She sighs.

"Alright, well let me know." I say and end the call.

As soon as I end one call, I get another. I see Jun's name on my phone and roll my eyes. "Hello?"

"Sana, don't hang up." He pleads, knowing I am in no mood to talk to him.

"What?" I ask him, anger lingering in my voice.

"I want to see you, can we do lunch?" He asks.

"For what possible reason, Jun?!"

"I just want to talk to you. I know you hate me."

"I don't want lunch. I want to see my dog. Meet me at the park in fifteen minutes." I say and end the call.

Once we get to the park I see Jun's car and get out and walk over and tap the window. He gets out and the dog follows, running to me and jumping up on me.

"Hi my baby!" I say happily and shower my dog with kisses. "I miss you so much." I say.

Jun chimes in, "he misses you too." He says, his eyes glued to me.

I stand up and look at him, "he wouldn't be missing me if you weren't a cheater." I remind him and he sighs hard. I'm glad to see that he's miserable after what he did.

"Sana I'm sorry. I know it was wrong and I wish I could take it back..."

"Oh well." I dryly, not feeding into him.

"How are you?" He asks.

"Don't worry about how I am." I snap.

"Sana..."

I shake my head, "what did you want to talk about?"

"Everything." He says.

I look at him and give a sarcastic smile, "there isn't anything left to talk about, Jun. I loved you and trusted you for years. I let you into my life and agreed to marry you because I thought you were the one and that you'd never hurt me. You cheated on me... for years. I can't forgive that, Jun. I don't trust you, I think you're horrible person and I will never look at you the same way again. That's all there is left to say." I tell him.

"What about money?"

"You're seriously asking about money?" I laugh, thinking he is ridiculous.

"Yeah, I am. I know I can't get you back but I still care and want the best for you. Do you need money?"

"No. I don't want your money." I grit.

"Baby..."

"Don't-"

"I'll get you a check for what's in the saving account and give it to Tzuyu. You still see her?" He says. I don't object only because some of the that money is rightfully mine.

"Occasionally." I lie.

"Okay... you'll have what's yours soon." He says.

I don't know if he thinks this is going to somehow win me back, but if he does he's wrong. Nothing he says will win back my trust. I do want my saving account money though... that could be useful.