Chapter 0: The Magical Ten Pull

"The Kyoto Protocol......adopted on 11 December 1997 and came into action on 16 February 2005......" You stared at your Geography textbook blankly as your brain decided to give you a blank space to think about where all the numerical data and dates whirled in your head, giving you a mild headache.

"I never thought there would be anything worse than Math. Looks like I'm wrong," You murmured under your breath, evidently annoyed, as you put down the blue ballpoint pen that you've been holding onto tightly for the past few painful hours and sat back massaging your temples.

Indeed, you were tired. But not necessarily tired because of the huge workload from school but tired of life itself. Don't get me wrong, you weren't thinking of ending your life, but everything in this world just seemed to annoy and anger you with every second the clock continues to tick with. Amongst fatigue, your brain sent happy signals out of nowhere, alerting you of the existence of the spectacular virtual world of Genshin Impact.

"OH RIGHT! Childe's banner ends in like a few minutes! Damn it! Enough of studying!" You pushed the stack of heavy textbooks aside and hopped onto your bed, a mobile phone in your hands, with silk sheets more comfortable and warm compared to the office chair that you sit on when studying.

Excitedly, you waited for the loading bar of the seven elements in Genshin Impact to be completely highlighted, and at last, the breathtaking world of Teyvat displayed right before your eyes and you almost got lost in the surreal reality of the objects in-game; even the green grass that rustles lightly when your character runs through it. The only zone of comfort, and yet it doesn't even actually exist which is slightly pathetic. You clicked on the wish icon at the top left corner of your screen and watch as the magnificent Childe appears before your eyes.

"Well, why in the world are you so damn hot......not just you but like almost every male character in Genshin Impact......" You exclaimed with an excited smile as you look at your 20 Intertwined Fates, "Not that the girls are not beautiful as well, but you can't fault me for having a different sexual preference, right?"

You, a boy, yet you like boys. 'It was not meant to be anyway', you've heard a million people say and you've swallowed all these feelings of anguish deep down. Rules? Rules are meant to be broken. Laws? Why must like poles always repel? We're humans, not cold, emotionless magnets that follow cold, emotionless laws of magnetism.

You clicked on the 'Wish x10' button and watched as wishing stars catapulted off into the air while your head, heart, soul, and your mouth all chanted hopefully, "Gold! Gold! Gold!"

Well no, no gold, and it would normally be fine but there are only 5 minutes left to the end of Childe's banner and you obviously really wanted that hottie to "come home". However, you only have 10 Intertwined Fates left and clearly, no more time to farm anymore Primogems. All hope and stress resting on the remaining Fates' shoulders as your finger hovered above the 'Wish x10' button with minor trepidation, and just as your finger was about to press down on the button, the door to your bedroom swung roughly open.

"I KNEW IT! WHY AREN'T YOU STUDYING?!" Your father's voice rang through your ears loudly like two flashes of lightning just roared its thunder beside your ears and you instinctively sat up from your sprawling position, retreating backward until your back touches the bed frame.

"Dad......Stop shouting......You reek of alcohol...And I've already studied for nearly 4 hours straight so I decided to take a short break-"

"SHUT UP! You......you only know how to make up excuses to cover up for yourself. Why are you so worthless? WHY! I guess it's fucking destiny I'll live my life drinking uselessly BECAUSE OF YOU!" Your father screamed hysterically at you and stared at you with his bloodshot eyes, clearly because he had too much to drink but all of his words stabbed you deep in your heart, widening the existing wounds in your heart.