Chapter 2: Perverted Promises

After an arduous fight, you were completely exhausted like every single cell in your body lost all energy. A rush of headache and you were forced to the ground, only to be saved by the one and only, Knight of Favonius, Kaeya Alberich. You sat there lethargically while in mid-conversation with Kaeya.

"Well, couldn't have frozen the slime so easily without this traveller's Hydro Vision right here. But here's the weird thing, you don't seem to have a Vision or any representation of having one?" Kaeya questioned and your eyes wandered away from Kaeya's stare while choosing your words carefully.

"I'm not too sure myself, but I'm not from around here," You said and Kaeya's smirk returned almost instantaneously and he answered, "You sound oddly like our Honorary Knight. Well, since you're here, I assume you'll want a place to settle down. Let's get moving then. We're not frozen in place, are we?"

You smiled upon hearing that familiar phrase and stood up refreshed, "Right, to Mondstadt."

Again, Kaeya was a little surprised you knew the name of the town but what surprised you more than what surprised Kaeya was the fact that when you looked back up at the direction of the cliff, the weapons up there completely vanished.

You walked through the grasslands that seemed to spread out endlessly and as usual, your legs enjoy the warm touch from the rustling of the lively green grass. You're unsure if it's the habit of exploring the world of Teyvat through a phone through the medium of a mobile phone game, but you found yourself speeding up and walking to the front of the group.

"You seem to already know the way around here, traveller? That's good, it does save me a lot of trouble," Kaeya's voice flew into your ears from behind and you finally noticed your state of obliviousness and stopped, turning back to look at three confused, lethargic adventurers and one cross-armed Kaeya that eyed you suspiciously.

"Well......I can see the city of Mondstadt from here so it's natural I can find my way towards that direction, right?" You replied and continued walking forward with your head maintained in a weird position looking backwards while your body moved forward, then doubt arose in your head when you noticed Kaeya's lifted eyebrow, "No?"

You can Kaeya's lip curl into a smile and he let out short bursts of laughter, then immediately recomposing himself into a state of neutrality and calmness. Well, one of his eyebrow is still raised inquisitively - it might be both his eyebrows but you can't see the movement of the other brow hidden under the black eye patch he is wearing - but you just continued on forward, taking Kaeya's "job" of leading the way to Mondstadt.

Within minutes, you hear the gentle sound of water flowing down the stream as if the water was singing mellifluous tunes to attract people near it. You were absolutely memorised by how real and surreal everything around you was. Again, your heart beat with rejuvenation like it was showered with the water of realisation that you're standing on the lands of a whole new world. You would stop and admire the sight forever but there always is something to cut your happiness and enjoyment short. No, this time it's not Kaeya's "we're not frozen in place" bulls-

"Hey you! Stop right there!" You hear someone call from behind you, a feminine voice, then your brain instinctively turned your entire body to look behind you where you see a young girl wearing red overalls jump up over you and lands perfectly in front of you, almost like it was a show and performance.

"Stranger, may the Anemo god bless you! You really don't look like you're from around here! Your clothes......Your looks..." Amber, the young girl with that signature red bunny-like ribbon on top of her head, whom you definitely recognise her as one of the Outrider for the Knights Of Favonius and yes, a character in-game.