9: Genuine

Kyungsoo's POV

Everything was great, just all around wonderful really.

Me and Kai's friends had gotten pretty close, I'd say I was pretty much one of them now. As I'd predicted, I got pretty close with Baekhyun, he was the best friend I'd always needed, really. Kris had rejoined us as well, bringing a shy little guy called Tao along with him.

And I have to say, I see why they call the kid a panda. Those eyebags on his pale skin definitely make that impression.

I'd also made a few friends on my own. Meaning yes, I actually spoke to people in my classes. Two guys I'd gotten pretty close to in my classes were Luhan and Xiumin, they were both pretty nice.

They gave me a reason to not just sit in the back of the room and block everyone out.

And me and Kai.. Well me and Kai were doing marvelous, besides the fact that I don't really know what we are. In that sense.

Him being the former jock of the school, we've got quite a few 'supporters'. Some people have even come up with a little ship name for us, Kaisoo. It's really cute actually.

Kai doesn't seem to mind all the attention we bring just walking down the hall, his hand wrapped around mine or his arm around me, but he's used to attention.

Getting attention is quite a new thing to me, but it's not altogether that bad, honestly. I've had some people approach me at some time or another and ask me what its like to be with Kai all the time, or how it feels to be with a 'playboy'.

Honestly, I'm still a little unsure about that. I mean I see the way every girl in the school stares at him, but can I really blame them? I mean, I can't keep my eyes off of him either.

About him being a playboy.. Well I don't know. I know for a fact he isn't seeing anyone else, he spends enough time with me for me to know that. I'm just worried that he'll find someone more interesting.. Someone who can fulfill his desires.. A girl probably.

That's honestly one of my biggest fears. That I'm just one of his 'phases'. That he's experimenting or something.. I don't know. But for right now everything between us feels genuine, and with that, I'm completely happy.

Spending lots of time with all my new friends, and Kai of course, I got out a lot more, laughed more, smiled more. It was lovely.

That's when a harsh reality hit me on Monday morning.

I opened up my locker and inside was a small piece of paper, on which was written in handwriting that I could barely make out, 'Watch your back, because we're watching you.'

With all the new people surrounding me and everything going great, I tried to forget about those three guys. Those three guys who practically haunted me by now.

They were still after me, and I think they had much more serious intents now.

I'd received notes saying I'm being watched, to be careful, that I should go die.. They were horrid, absolutely atrocious.

But as I did with everything they'd done to me, I just tried to forget about it.

I disposed of each note that came that Monday, and blocked the memory from my head.

----

The next day Kai was walking me to one of my classes, my voice training class.

Kai had always asked what I planned to major in, what field I wanted to go into, but was honestly a bit too embarrassed to tell him my ambitions of becoming a singer, it seemed ridiculous to most people.