4: He Enjoys

Kyungsoo's POV

The last thing I remember I was at school, but I woke up to see my bedroom ceiling above me. How had I gotten back here?

I sat up, feeling much better than I had the last time I'd woken up. I was still in pain though, they'd gotten me pretty good this time. I looked around my room and noticed writing on my usually blank white board. "Sleep well. If you need anything call --- - ---- ~Kai"

So Kai brought me here? That was really kind of him. He had been really interesting to talk to. I didn'y think anyone could make me smile, let alone laugh, when I was in that much pain. He was quite the opposite of what I thought he'd me.I thought since he was always surrounded by girls he'd be cocky and rude

I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover.

I dragged myself out of the bed and to the kitchen, downing a few painkillers. Then I readied myself for school, getting dressed and covering up any obvious wounds. I grabbed my wallet and my keys, pushing them into my pockets, locking the door after me as I walked out of the apartment and towards school.

Yesterday he'd told me he wasn't going to leave my side. It was going to be strange actually having a friend. I was really grateful for his generosity and for some reason that I couldn't quite put my finger on, I couldn't really get him off my mind.

He saved me.
I could've died if it weren't for him.
I looked death straight in the face,
but this time it wasn't my own doing.

Kai's POV

I woke up the next morning in a great mood.

How rare... especially for a school day.

I dressed myself quicker than usual, I paid so little attention to what I was doing that I forgot to eat breakfast.
Looks like I'm going to be hungry.

I walked to school. I haven't been able to keep him off my mind, Kyungsoo. Is he coming to school today? Maybe. I'll just wait outfront for him, wouldn't want those guys to get him again. 

The words of the guy I'd hit still rang in my head.

"Next time, you're fucking dead."

That was not going to happen. He'd touch him again over my dead body.

I waited for about 15 minutes before I saw the short hooded figure approach. When he looked up I saw that he'd covered up all the bruises on his face. No one could see them, but I knew he was still hurting.

"Hi," I waved, approaching him.

"Hey Kai, thanks for yesterday," he replied in a soft tone.

"It's no problem, really," I began. "You sure you're okay to walk around today?" He nods.

"Yeah, don't worry. They've done worse, I'll be okay." Just thinking of what they'd done to him angered me.

"Alright, let's head to first hour." I could see a look on his face as if he wanted to protest, but I guess he knew I wouldn't let him because he just kept his mouth shut.

I walked him to and from every class, and soon lunch arrived.

"I'm going to head to the rooftop," he spoke as we left his fourth hour class. I shook my head, there was no way I was leaving him alone.

"Why don't you just sit with me and the guys today? I promise they're all friendly, and they've been curious about you," I spoke with pleading eyes. He thought for a moment before nodding.

"I'll try it," he replied. My face instantly lit up in delight. He agreed, yes!

I walked beside him to the lunchroom, my smile bigger than ever. I led him into the lunchroom happily and we walked through the lunch line. I absolutely insisted on paying for his meal, and after only a few minutes of protesting, he finally just gave up and agreed to let me.

"What are you, like my boyfriend or something?" He spoke with a chuckle. "I mean protecting me from those guys and buying me lunch and everything," he continued. I let out a nearly inaudible sigh and mumbled under my breath.

"I wish."

Kyungsoo's POV

I heard him mumble something I wasn't quite able to distinguish.

"What was that?" I questioned.

"Nothing," he quickly replied with a shake of his head.

"If you say so."

I feel bad, him buying me things and chauffering me around, but no matter how much I argue he always wins. So I guess there's really nothing I can do.

I soon found myself being led towards a lunch table. I recognized everyone there, of course. People may not notice me, but I pay attention to the people around me.

Lay, Sehun, Chen, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun I believe. I'd had classes with most of them before.

I walked beside Kai and waved sheepishly.

"Hi, I'm Kyungsoo," I spoke quietly before sitting down beside Kai.

"Ahh so you're the Kyungsoo we've heard so much about," Sehun spoke, a devilish smile spread across his face. Kai shot a glare to him from across the table and I swear I felt my ears redden slightly.

He talks about me?

Kai leaned over slightly, whispering to my ear, "I wouldn't listen to them, they ADORE embarrassing me." I let out a soft chuckle.

He was embarrassed by it, how cute.

"So I'm Sehun," he spoke, "glad to finally meet you." I nodded and smiled to him. Chanyeol spoke up next. 

"Happy giant Park Chanyeol at your service," he said with a bright grin. "And this little guy is Baekhyun," he said motioning to the guy next to him. "He's a little shy but I swear he's nice." Baekhyun waved shyly over to me and I smiled. I could almost immediately tell that we'd be close friends.

"Hey cutie I'm Chen. Unlike my ignorant hyungs, I've actually seen you around before," Chen spoke with a cheesy grin spread across his lips. "Then again, cute things always catch my attention." I felt my cheeks redden at his words. What a flirt, but a handsome flirt at that. I noticed Kai practically shooting lasers with his eyes.

Was he jealous? No, I'm probably just being stupid.

"That," Kai said pointing at a guy with light hair sitting at the end of the table," is Lay. He's always either on his phone, or sleeping. He's real nice though, when he's awake with no cell reception." I chuckled softly and Lay looked up at mention of his name. He waved once he noticed me.

"Kris is usually with us too, but he's been sitting with that panda kid lately," Kai began. "Tao I think his name is."

"Lovebirds.." I heard Lay mumble. How cute, the big tough guy and little panda boy.

I ship it.

"Well it's great to meet you all. As you already know, I'm Kyungsoo, friend of Kai's," I said softly.

"Mhm, a very special friend," Sehun spoke and I saw Chen bite his lip to stop himself from laughing. Kai's face was buried in his hands and I heard him mumble into them,

"This was a horrible idea...." I laughed softly and poked his cheek.

"Nah, I like this, it's much more entertaining," I said with a smile on my face.

His face lit up like a damn Christmas tree.

And it was adorable.

//authornim.
Like 2 days with no updates.
Woops.
Blame the holiday season and my lack of internet u_u
Updates will come more regularly now.
Merry Christmas.

P.S. OH HI DERE SENPAI. <3

P.P.S. I WILL PROBABLY UPDATE LATER TODAY TOO.