6: He Reveals

Kyungsoo's POV

"I really like this Kim Jongin, and I really like you," I spoke quietly into his back, I didn't know if he'd heard me or not, but guessing by the amount of road noise and the fact that he didn't respond, I was guessing he hadn't.

I nuzzled my head against his back and sighed softly. Why couldn't I stop these feelings?

I felt the motorbike slowing down and he parked in a parking spot, helping me off. He smiled to me and waved his hand for me to follow him.

"Come on, it's right this way." I nodded and followed him down the sidewalk. I don't think  I've ever been here before. We were in a city area, busy crowds and street lights surrounding us. But he led me through the crowds until I saw something.

Thousands upon thousands of beautiful Christmas lights covering everything in sight. They twinkled and they sparkled and in the middle of the park-like area sat a huge decorated Christmas tree, at least twenty feet tall.

I looked around in awe at all the decorations, I was absolutely stunned by how beautiful it looked. I'd never seen anything like it.  Kai looked to me, seeing me looking around in wonder before speaking.

"I know right, it's amazing. They do this every year but not many people come to this part of  town."

"Who does it?" I continued to look around.

"The orphanage I help out at," Kai replied. I looked up to him and smiled. This guy really was kind.

"Ahh I see, how long have you been helping out there?" I asked curiously.

"A few years now," he spoke with a smile. "I really love all the kids there, I don't think I could stop going to see them if I wanted." His words warmed my heart.

"That's so sweet of you, Kai," I said softly. He shook his head.

"I mean not really, I just know how they feel. Unloved, unwanted, uncared for. I was in their position once too and all I wanted was for someone to understand, so that's what I'm giving these kids, someone that understands," he responded. This guy is just too much for my heart to handle. How am I going to manage being around him all the time and not being able to control these butterflies in my stomach.

"That's still sweet of you Kai, very sweet of you. You must care for them a lot," he nodded in agreement with my words.

"I do, I really do. Let's just enjoy this little winter wonderland awhile," he said with a smile and I nodded. The more I get to know him, the more I like him. It's no wonder all the girls at school love him..

Kai's POV

I told him.

He is the first person I've told about the orphanage.

Just shows how much I like him. Told him the one thing I'd never told anyone just like that.

That I'm adopted.

That may not sound so serious or like anything that drastically important, but to me it is. The son of the CEO of a major nationwide company is adopted. I never really thought I'd tell anyone, just keep it between me and my parents forever, not a big deal.

But me telling him is a big deal. A huge deal.

And I've barely known this guy a week. Wow.

I led him around the big open park awhile, smiling as I admired all the lights, loving this moment in time. Just when I thought things couldn't get any better I felt something. I felt his small hand wrap around my significantly larger one. Today is the best, absolutely the best.

//authornim.
Wooh for short and uninteresting chapters. But trust me, I have ideas. It's just going to take me a bit to rearrange these ideas into something understandable. This story is going to start to progress soon so I wouldn't get too used to everything being so happy. o.o