1: They Meet

Kyungsoo's POV

"Now move!"
Those were the last words I heard before I felt myself being kicked out of the way and heard the three sets of feet begin to walk away. They beat me up again. What did I ever do to them? 

I sighed and pulled myself off the ground, glad they at least left me able to walk this time. I trudged towards the nearest bathroom, not even phased when I saw myself in the mirror.

My nose is definitely broken again, my lip is busted, I've got a black eye, somehow I've gotten a huge scratch across my neck. But that was only the visible damage. I felt my dislocated shoulder and my bruised knees. They jabbed me in the stomach so hard I don't think I'll be able to eat for days.

This is at least a weekly occurrence.

They've been doing it since we were in middle school and since we went to the same high school, they never stopped.

By now I didn't even try to fight back. I washed off my bloodied face and pulled some makeup out of my bag, I didn't want the teachers to see me like this. I covered up all the visual evidence of the event and did my best to treat the other wounds. I walked out of the bathroom a few minutes later like nothing ever happened, scribbling myself a fake teachers note as always and walking into my third period class.

I handed the note to the teacher and lazily walked to my usual place in the back of the room. 
I' was pretty sure some of the cuts on my face were still visible, but it's not like anyone gave a damn about me anyways. Why would they? I sat down and noticed the kid who sat next to me wasn't there.

No surprise. 
He ditches a lot, thinks he's some kind of bad boy or something. All the girls fawn over him, he has a new girlfriend every two weeks at most. I don't get the big deal though. There's nothing special about him.

I sat through the hour of hell, getting up and darting out the second the bell rang, it was lunch.
I didn't even bother to put my bookbag down as I quickly went through the cafeteria, grabbing the usual pizza I get and soon finding myself at the familiar dark staircase I find myself at every other day.

I walked up the stairs two at a time, pushing open the heavy metal door at the top. 

The rooftop.
It was the only place that I had all to myself in this giant dungeon of a school. No one really went there because there's no power in the stairway leading to it. I guess they're just scared, I don't know. Nor do I care. 

I threw my backpack down on the bench and sat myself down on the edge of the building's roof, eating close to in silence. The only noise being the wind occasionally rustling the leaves on the trees. 
It was peaceful.

This was the only place where I didn't have to think about anything.
Not the shitshack I had to go home to everyday, not the fact that I had no friends, not that I was probably going to get another beating soon enough, not that my parents were gone.

Nothing.
When I was here everything just went away.
And that's just how I liked it.
That was until I heard the heavy metal door creak open.

Kai's POV

I needed to get away.

All this girl did was talk and talk and talk and I was absolutely sick of it. I didn't know how much more I could take.

I made up an excuse and scurried away from her, looking down to the time. Lunch, how convenient.

At least the bitch talked through all my classes instead of my time to eat.

"Oppa eat lunch with me!"

"Oppa sit over here!"

"Oppa oppa oppa!"

Kill me now.

Not to be mean or anything, I just didn't like them. Sure I had plenty of them as girlfriends at some point, but that's mostly just to keep me occupied and keep them quiet. To be honest I don't think I've had a sincere like towards any of them.

All I wanted to do was eat my lunch in peace. I could've sat with my normal group of friends, Chanyeol, Chen, Sehun, Lay, and Kris. But then the girls could still get to me, and I couldn't take another minute of them.

Where is a guy who's being hunted by every girl on campus to hide? I thought for a few minutes before I got an idea, that rooftop. That rooftop that no one ever goes to. I'll go there.

I quickly purchased my lunch before finding the place. Walking up the stairs and pushing the door open. Seeing something I thought I wouldn't see. Someone else is here. Great.

They turned their head a bit and thank God, it wasn't a girl. Apparently it was some owl or something because his eyes were wider than I'd ever seen anyone's. Did I scare him or something? What the fuck man?

Had I ever seen him before? Did he go here? I didn't recognize him at the slightest.

I ignored his weirdness and sat on the bench in silence. You know I'd be friendly and sit beside him but he was sitting on the edge of the roof. Did he want to fall and die or something? I don't know, but I sure didn't.

He ate quietly, his head had turned away from me. Well I guess he isn't going to even make the slightest attempt at a conversation. I might as well or the awkwardness up here is going to swallow me whole.

"So... it's nice up here," I spoke. He nodded his head slightly in response. Wow, not even going to speak. Just when I thought about getting up to leave he spoke.

"So what are you doing up here Mr. Popular?" He spoke. His voice was quiet, kind of choked sounding in a way, but still soothing.

"Hiding. Too many girls out there," I began. "And how exactly do you know me, I've never seen you before." I saw his eyes roll. What? Was I supposed to know him?

"I sit next to you in 3rd period, not like you'd know. You've shown up to that class like 5 or 6 times at most. I think we have 5th and 6th periods together too," he replied. I sat quietly. Well oops, not my fault I didn't pay attention.

"Oh, I'd never noticed," I responded. "So what are you doing here?"

"Same as you, hiding," he said in a soft tone. What on earth could this kid have to hide from?

"From?"

"Everything, life itself." Well that response surprised me a bit. I think I'm done with these questions. I just nodded a bit and continued to eat. A few minutes later the bell rang and for the first time since I'd formally met him, he moved. He got up and pulled his bookbag on, throwing his trash away and walking towards the door.

"Hey I'll see you around than," I spoke before he'd made it to the door. He looked back at me with an amused expression on his face.

"Yeah right." He pulled the heavy door open and it shut behind him.

Well that was interesting.

//authornim.
Kaisoo feels have caused me to write this like oops.