3: He Discovers

Kyungsoo's POV

I blinked my eyes open slowly, confused as I looked up to see the ceiling of an unfamiliar room.

Where was I?

But what was stranger than waking up here, was what I felt. I felt something on my hand, something warm.

Someone was holding my hand?

I rolled over onto my side to see that guy holding my hand and the memories started flooding back. So what I saw wasn't a hallucination... He'd actually saved me. But why? He noticed me looking at him and began to speak.

"You're finally awake," he wore a soft, concerned smile. Why was he worried about me?

"Y-yeah..." I stutter. 

"Are you okay? You must be in a lot of pain," he speaks softly. I nod my head slightly.

"I'm fine, you really didn't have to bring me here. It happens all the-" I cut myself off before I say something stupid. His eyes look worried.

"Didn't have to bring you here? They were going to kill you!" His eyes widen as he hears the second part of my sentence. Damnit. "ALL THE TIME? THEY DO THAT TO YOU ALL THE TIME?" He replies slightly loudly, it made my pounding headache hurt a bit more.

"I would've been okay," I lied. "N-no that's not what I was going to say." I continued. Why do I have to be so terrible at lying? He doesn't look convinced.

"But, why? Why would they do that to you? Why didn't you tell anyone? How come nobody noticed the damage?" He spoke in a much softer voice. I guess there was no use in trying to lie now.

"I-i don't know... They've been doing it since we were in middle school. Every single week, at least once a week. I never did anything to them," I began. "If I told anyone, they would just be worse to me the next time they saw me. I use makeup to cover up the bruises and the cuts, they've left some nasty scars though. My parents died when I was little so there really wasn't anyone else that cared enough to pay close attention. There is really nothing I could do about it," I continued. His eyes showed slight shock, but were filled with a comforting softness.

"I'm so sorry they did that to you... But I'm not going to let that happen anymore. I'm not leaving your side after knowing that." He spoke. I was confused.

"Why do you care? We're not even friends..." I said quietly.

"Well than starting now, we are friends. And I'm not going to let anything hurt you anymore," he said with complete sincerity in his voice, his hand hadn't left mine. But I honestly didn't mind it.

"You really don't have to, I mean-" I began but he quickly cut me off.

"Nope, there is nothing you could say to make me change my mind," he said, smiling triumphantly. The corners of my lips turned up into a faint smile. Well if I couldn't argue it, I guess I was just stuck with him.

I guess it wouldn't be that bad to have someone that actually cared.

Let alone someone that considered me their friend.

Kai's POV

I saw the corners of his lips turn into a smile, my smile widening slightly as I noticed it.

"Now you should get some rest, the nurse said in this condition you shouldn't even try to walk." He nodded slightly, I could tell he wanted to argue it, but I guess he figured I wasn't letting him go anywhere. He rest his head back against his pillow and soon fell to sleep.

He really looked beautiful when he slept, almost angelic. In these hours sitting here with him, I've realized something. I think I like this guy. I know I probably sound crazy, saying I like this guy that I barely know, but its just like I have this attraction towards him that I can't explain. I just want to hold him and tell him that it's going to be alright. But of course, that'd be incredibly strange because we're practically strangers right now.

Wait no, we're friends.

I don't think I'm gay, or I didn't at least. But he drives my crazy and every time he looks at me my heart does a backflip. No girl has ever done that to me. 

Ever.

I sat in the room with him the rest of the day, brought him lunch and talked to him. We got to know each other a lot better. It's funny how interesting he is, especially for a person I've never noticed once in my 3 years here. I learned about his hobbies, his interests, his favorite things. I've recently added two things to my list of favorite things: his laugh and his smile.

They're just so precious and I find myself staring for a second longer than I probably should whenever I come across one of the two.

By the end of the day, he'd fallen asleep again. I asked the nurse to check the school files for his address.

"Kyungsoo lives at --- ---- -----" She told me and I thanked her, proceeding to give the sleeping boy a piggyback ride home.

Kyungsoo.

I finally knew his name

I carried him all the way back to his house, ignoring the odd glares I got from the students. The female students fawning at my "helpfulness and generosity" or some shit like that.

He lived fairly close to the school, and fairly close to me actually, in a little shack of an apartment. Small, but actually quite perfect for a high school student living on his own.

I reached into his pockets to grab his keys, unlocking his door and walking in. Finding his bedroom and placing him carefully onto the bed. He had a white board and a marker on his wall, I picked up the marker and wrote, "Sleep well. If you need anything call --- - ---- ~Kai"  

I pulled his blanket over him and adjusted the pillow under his head, making sure he was comfy. I sat on the edge of the bed for a moment, pushing the hair off his forehead and pecking it lightly, whispering quietly, "Sleep well hyung." I than walked out of the apartment, locking the door with the key I found under the mat and headed home, thoughts about Kyungsoo clouding my mind.

//authornim.
I know it seems like it's going to be one of those cliche stories where they fall in love and boom happy ending, but trust me that's not going to be the case.  I don't know why I like writing this but I do so I'm going to keep writing it. Super long update coming Saturday.