Part 7: He's Attacked 1/2

//authornim.
i apologize in advance ./cries the han river/

Kai's POV

We strolled around awhile longer, the sun had set and it was pretty dark out.

"I think I should get you home," I said, looking down to the short boy beside me. He nodded and we began to walk back towards my bike.

We didn't talk much, but this time with Kyungsoo was really nice. We just enjoyed each other's presence. I honestly wouldn't have preferred to do anything else.

-----------------------------

Soon, after a short ride, we arrived bacck at his apartment. I'd already known the way there since I'd brought him back from the nurse's office last time. We pulled up to the bulding and he hopped off, handing me my helmet.

He looked to be as if he was trying to say something, but he couldn't. After a moment of both of us just standing there and staring at each other, he leaned forward and left a peck on my cheek.

"Thanks Kai, really, thanks for everything," he said with a shy smile before turning towards the building.

My face immediately reddened like a cherry and a smile like no other spread across my face. I watched as the short figure scurried towards the building, peeking back to me before running inside. I made sure he'd got in alright before slipping on my helmet and pulling away from the building, the smile never leaving my face.

Kyungsoo's POV

I ran into the building as quick as I could, my whole face was warm and a light pinky color.

Did I actually just do that? Yes, yes I did.

I hurried into my apartment and plopped onto the couch, already deep in my thoughts. I should just stop now, shouldn't let myself get too caught up in this crush of mine. He'd never feel the same way, and there is nothing I can do about it. I just need to accept that before I've fallen so hard I can't get up.

Kai's POV

The bright sunlight streaming through the window woke me up the next morning. I pushed my hair out of my face and blinked my eyes a bit. I sat up and stretched by arms, peeking over at the time.

Late. I was late.

I guessed I'd missed my alarm. That meant Kyungsoo was at school, alone.

What if those guys got to him again? That was not happening. I wasn't going to let it happen.

I pulled myself into some clothes as fast as I could and rushed out the door, horrifying thoughts clouding my mind.

Kyungsoo's POV

I walked into school this morning, expecting to see Jongin waiting for me like he always was.

But he wasn't. He wasn't there.

It wasn't until he was gone til I realized how much I liked having him there. I missed him. But I'd be okay, he was probably just late or something.

I walked to my first hour class, not knowing that I'd definitely be proven wrong.

So horribly wrong.

I walked down the quiet hall. It'd been awhile since I'd been by myself at school, Jongin was always with me. The class I needed to get to was right down the hall and I was almost there.

And then I saw them.
Yes them.

They all looked to me, evil frins spread across their faces. 

No, this is not happenind. It's not it's not it's not it's not.

But it is.

I tried to make it to the classroom, but I wasn't fast enough. I knew I wouldn't be. One grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me down the halls. I honestly couldn't believe this was happening. I knew shouting wouldn't help me either. They'd just beat me harder.

Where was Kai? I need Kai.

"Hmm loverboy ain't here to save you today now is he?" One taunted. I couldn't rely on Kai all the time, but I really needed him right now. I remained silent.

"And you thought he cared about you? That he'd take care of you and always be there to protect you? Didn't ya?" The second questioned, pushing me to the ground. I just sat there, not speaking.

"Well no one cares about you," the tallest continued, kicking me.

"And no one ever will."

Usually I didn't listen to what they said, I let them get me and got over it. But those words hit me like a stone.

They were right.

I'd let Kai into my life, and let him get close to me?

I shouldn't have. Did I forget how worthless I was?

That was why I distanced myself from everyone. I didn't think I was worth their time or energy.

And I'm not.

I sat in silence and nodded my head slowly, before I finally speaking to them.

"I know. I know I'm not worth a thing, and that no one cares about me. I got it." I told them with a straight face,  ignoring emotions.

"Good, little runt knows where he stands," One of them spoke.

I'd let Kai get close to me, I let him care about me. I'm not worth that.

I don't deserve his attention, or anyone's.

Kai's POV

I ran faster than I think I ever have towards that school. I was so worried about getting there that I didn't even think to take my motorcycle.  I got there within 10 minutes and heard a loud voice booming down the hall.

"Well no one cares about you."
"And no one ever will."

I knew what was going on. I was running down the hall towards them when I heard a broken voice speak.

"I know. I know I'm not worth anything, and that no one cares about me. I got it." Hearing those words from him hurt.

Did he believe that? Did he think that no one cared about him?

He was wrong, I cared, more than anyone. By the time I caught sight of them  one of them has picked him up, and they began carrying him somewhere.

And then it hit me.

They were taking him to the rooftop.

Hanging over the large guy's shoulder, Kyungsoo caught sight of me. He shook his head slightly.

"Don't save me." He mouthed the words to me. "Go."

He thought I'd just go, and leave him to probably be thrown off the damn roof of the building. He really thought no one cared about him. Why would he think that?

I ran up behind the man carrying him and grabbed his arm, yanking him downwards with all my might.

 //authornim.
2/2 will be published tomorrrrrowwwwwwww.
sorry for the cliffhanger, no time to type ;;