3

During your exam you kept thinking about the message Karl sent. As you debated on when you should answer and how to, you were bouncing your knee and chewing on your nail nervously. It was a bad habit that you had to stop, but it happened without you even noticing when your anxious sometimes. You kept looking at your phone, glancing at it every now and then. Eventually, you decided to text him back later when you met up with Juliette after your exam. She would know what to do, she's good at talking to boys.

After finishing your exam, you pocketed your phone and sat up from your chair and walked over to your professor who was behind the desk. As you walked over you glanced around the room and saw that you were one of the first people to turn in your assignment. Usually you would make sure to turn in your physical assignments after about five other people had before you. Your mind had been wandering too much, thinking of all the ways you could reply to Karl. That anxiety had replaced the one that usually filled you when in a class alone with no friends to sit with.

You tried not to think of it too much though, saying a quick and polite goodbye to your professor before walking out and into the hallway of the campus, your Jansport backpack hanging in one shoulder of yours. Within a few steps out of the small classroom, you pulled your phone out to text Karl back. As you were punching in your passcode you felt someone bump into you lightly, their shoulder knocking into yours.

You looked up at the person who accidentally lightly shoved you only for your eyes to be met with a taller woman with a fuller build. Her hair was short, shaved short and dyed a pink. Her skin was sunkissed and she had deep brown eyes that you mistakenly stared a little to much at. She was beautiful to say the least. You quickly blurted out an apology, the butterflies in you you got from her caused you to stumble a bit on your words.

"Sorry!" You said meekly. She smiled down at you before answering.

"S'okay." The taller woman said before continuing on her way, walking down the opposite direction you were headed in the hallway.

You hadn't seen her before. Maybe it was because you left class earlier than what you usually did. Before your mind could think about it too much, you went back to making your way back to your car to wait for Juliette to get back from her exams.

You opened the car door and sat back down in the drivers seat. After pealing off your jacket, leaving you in your knit sweater, you grabbed your phone from your back pocket. After building up the courage to, you opened up the message and began to type back a text so you could hold Karl off for a few minutes so you had time to think on what to say.

hey!! I'm not asleep I'm just at class rn, I'll get back to u as soon as I can. I'm really happy were reconnecting by the way lol 🤗

You sighed and put down your phone against your chest. Suddenly you felt an unexpected buzz against you. You pulled your phone off of yourself and turned it on, opening the notification. A message from Karl.

take your time! I'm super excited to reconnect with you too haha 😊 talk to you soon (Y/n)

You liked his message, smiling at his reply. There was suddenly a loud knocking on the window on the door of the passenger seat. You jumped at the loud noise, eyes going wide and hand going onto the left side of your chest. Juliette was banging on the door.

"LET ME IN, LOSER!" Juliette yelled. You unlocked the door with the press of a button on your car door. She opened the door and started cackling.

"Jesus Christ, Jules, what the fuck?" You said, bringing your hands on the steering wheel, holding tightly.

"You should've seen the look on your face!" Juliette exclaimed, laughing. "Oh, my God, I'm so sorry!" Juliette apologized through laughs, leaning over and giving a small and quick hug. After the laughter cooled down, you began to drive towards the nearest Dunkin' Donuts near you, the one that was next to the Barnes and Noble you worked at in the strip mall.

"McDonald's after, right?" Juliette asked.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." You replied quickly. Juliette put on her music again like how she did this morning.

After you two got your drinks from the shop, you went to a McDonald's across the street. After ordering your food from the drive thru, you and Juliette began eating. You decided to bring up Karl since she was asking about it earlier and you wanted advice.

"Jules?" You asked.

Juliette popped a fry in her mouth as she answered. "Hmm?"

"If - hypothetically - I was talking to a friend from highschool and I had a crush on them, what do I do if they text me saying that they are excited to reconnect? Like, how do I reply to that?" You asked.

"Is it the guy you were talking to earlier?" She asked, keeping her eyes on her food, chewing on it. You choked on your pink lemonade as your face went hot. "Girl, you good?"

"Sorry, it's just that, it's - to make a long story short -"

"I shoved a whole bag of jellybeans up my ass!" Juliette exclaimed. You bursted into laughter. "I'm sorry I couldn't help it!"

"No, but for real, me and Karl - that's his name - were best friends in highschool. Then he moved away, blah, blah, blah. We stopped talking cause he broke his phone or something? I dunno." You rambled. "But currently, we are talking again. And he's famous apparently? Y'know that Mr. Beast guy, right?"

"Wait for real?" Juliette asked. You nodded. "Bitch, hook me up with Mr. Jimmy Beast, please. He fine as hell." You laughed and shook off her nonsense as a joke.

"Yeah, whatever." You joked. "But anyway, me and Karl are talking again and we both admitted to being really excited about it."

"(Y/n), just tell him straight up you like him. Ain't he all the way in North Carolina? That's basically across the country, it's not like you'll see him in person anytime soon." Juliette pointed out.

"Oh, my God, you know what state they're in? You're such a stan." You joked.

"I am a casual consumer of Mr. Beast content, alright? Don't judge." Juliette said jokingly flipping her hair. She then mentioned for you to go on with a wave of her hand.

"But anyway, enough about Karl. I'll get back to him later." You said, taking a sip from your drink from Dunkin'.

"Any other drama you got? Let me guess, are you also friends with fuckin' D'Angelo Wallace or some shit too?" Juliette joked. You chuckled.

"No... well, I did bump into a girl today." You said.

"Ooh! Tell me about 'er!" Juliette cooed, taking a bite out if her buttermilk chicken tenders.