You never bothered to get Robux, but seeing Karl's hilariously chaotic avatar made you reconsider. Each limb was mismatched and his skin was green. His face was womanly and he was bald with a round head. He had a block torso and skinny arms and legs. He looked stupid and he spent real money to look this magnificen too.

You held back paying money when you reconsidered that you and Juliette were barely getting by. How would she react if she saw you had spent money she could've used on broccoli beef at Panda Express and instead made the intelligent financial decision of spending money on a free kids game just to look as horrendous as your best friend? Either by laughing her ass off or by scolding you whilst hold back laughter. No inbetween.

Karl and you added each other on discord after he helped you make an account. You weren't much of a gamer like he was, instead focusing more on your dream of becoming a seamstress, creating beautiful dresses with fabric you got from old clothes or from hideous shirts you found and repurposed from a local thrift store. It was at first a hobby, taking fashion electives throughout your highschool career as you kept thinking of jobs you wanted to pursue.

The question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" had always stuck in the back of your mind, lingering there unanswered, up until recently. It stayed unwanted for years like a tattoo you got when you were eighteen and now realize as an adult how foolish it was of you to try and rebel against your parents, regretting your inked skin. Kind of like that stick and poke you gave yourself when you were thirteen. A little upside down scraggly smiley face on your knee that you wanted gone more than anything, but are stuck with until it hopefully fades by the time your thirty.

You realized (thankfully) by the time you graduated high school that you wanted to major in fashion. It was your true passion. Something you only thought of as a hobby - sewing dresses in your free time as you studied fashion history throughout the years, gushing to Karl about your interest - was now going to be your career.

As Karl guided you into working the application, Discord, he cracked jokes and gave you a brief look into his current life. You do know he has some affiliation to Mr. Beast, but he was apparently a pretty famous Minecraft Twitch streamer. You knew he streamed, he mentioned it before, but you thought he was just doing live challenges with the Mr. Beast crew. It turns out he's just straight up a Minecraft gamer.

When you found this out, you immediately replied with "Cringe!" as a joke. He chuckled. His laugh was different. Sure, he would revert back to his usual and nostalgic giggle, but when he chuckled, his voice was deeper now. A lot more masculine. As much as you adored his giggles that he did less often now, the deep laughs strangely gave you butterflies. You mentally scolded yourself. You had to get over this crush. It isn't gonna happen, you're already seeing someone.

"Okay, so that's the basics to Discord!" Karl said in his usual cheery voice.

"Alright." You replied, as you talked to him through the app. "So, Roblox now?" You asked, your index finger gliding against the trackpad of your laptop, switching tabs to the Roblox homepage. You were already logged in, ready to go.

"Yeah, what game?" Karl asked.

"Hmm." You hummed as you weighed your options.

You still did play Roblox every now and then, so you were kind of aware of the current popular games. Pizza Place always managed to be your favorite though. Sometimes you would play for hours just raising your stats, delivering storage and cooking pizzas. Your favorite pass time however, was becoming the manager and harassing the kids, or trying to sneak into the managers office to swipe the job away from whatever twelve year old held the position of the job at the moment. You thought it was funny and it gave you a bit of power over the other players that you simply loved to harass until you were kicked by an admin. You were surprised you hadn't been banned at this point, the admins knowing your username by memory now. You'd become somewhat notorious for causing chaos. You loved it. Of course you knew when to stop, when people began to get genuinely annoyed. Maybe that's why you've avoided being banned for so long. You knew where the line was and not to cross it.

"What about Pizza Place?" You asked Karl.

"I dunno, I think it's kinda boring." Karl said. You gasped dramatically in response.

"How dare you slander my favorite game!" Yiu began, fake-furious. "You clearly have not seen the true beauty of Pizza Place. I have one question for you, my friend. Have you truly lived if you hadn't abused your power as manager of the Pizza Place? 'Cause I don't think so!" Karl laughed.

"(Y/n), how are you not banned?" Karl asked, genuinely.

"No idea." You replied before you already began joining the sever. "Quick, join."

"Can't we just get a private server?" Karl asked, sighing.

"Then how will our victims join the server, broski?" You asked back.

"True, true. Very, true." Karl said. You huffed out a small laugh.

"Me trying to reach the word limit for an essay be like." I replied.

"True. Mmhmm. Very relatable." Karl sputtered out the words quickly in the most monotone voice he could muster. He always failed, a hint of the positivity in his voice always managed to slip between his words and peak between his sentences. You hated to, but couldn't help the way you giggled at his silliness.

"You're such a nimrod." You laughed.

Hours had past into the late hours of the night, the two of you had been playing Roblox until about an hour before the sun began to rise and your eyes became heavy and hard to keep open. Eventually the two of you did have to go to bed. Reluctantly, the two of you hung up, no matter how much you wanted to talk forever. You then went straight to bed with a smile on your face.