Chapter Twenty Eight- Wulf

She grabs her panties, still soaked from pool water, and uses it like a washcloth. Wiping my come from her, she tries to scramble away. "Silvie," I use her name like a warning.

I'm still kneeling between her legs. I wish the lights were on, but there's something about the darkness that adds to the moment. We can both be more open.

    "Come here," I say, holding out my arms. She can't see me. But she knows. She climbs into my lap, buries her head in my neck, and sobs.

    Her tears slip down my shoulder, falling like rain drops down my chest. Rubbing her back, I kiss her cheek and hair. "It's okay baby."

    She told me what I wanted to hear. What I've wanted her to realize since the day she got here. What I needed to admit too. She needs me just as much as I need her.

I knew she was mine from the beginning. A soul will always recognize its other half. She's admitting what she doesn't want to be true.

"Why did you do it?" she asks, through tears.

I kiss her temple. "The same reason you did," I say, reminding her that she was also with someone else tonight. We both needed to test the waters. We both needed to see if we were enough for the other. We both needed to know that no one else will ever be enough. "How did it feel with him?" I ask, wanting her genuine answer.

"Wrong," she sniffs.

"Baby, no one else will ever feel right."

The next morning, I tell Chef to bring Silvie yogurt and coffee at ten. I'm an early riser, she sleeps in almost every day. I've already done a few hours worth of work when Brick rolls in.

"You guys figure your shit out?" he asks, looking annoyed and unpleasant.

I don't acknowledge him. It's none of his fucking business.

Alternating between coffee and water, he rubs his eye and yawns. "Whatever is going on, you need to decide. Claim her or don't. But don't keep fucking around."

Enough. Looking over my laptop, I say, "thanks for the pep talk Doctor fucking Phil. You seem pretty interested in what I do with my dick all of the sudden."

"Not your dick, smartass. Your fucking head. And her heart. Silvie's a good girl. She's been fucked around by life. She doesn't need you fucking her around too."