1

5:00pm
Somewhere in Nigeria

Yobanna

Soft music and the sweet scent of coffee greeted me once I walked into Nick's palace, it was the newest Cafe in town and my friend wouldn't let me be until I visited there. I removed my helmet from my head and rubbed my hair to make it smoother.

Nicks palace the big board inside the place spelt out, cool, I muttered to myself, nothing I haven't seen before though. Betty  butter by Mayokurn and Davido was playing from the unseen speakers, I smiled, I had to give the bastard some credits.

I took my seat at the very edge of the bar and kept my head very low, I wasn't in the mood to sign any autographs for anyone or listen to some fan girl tell me how much she loves me or stuffs like that, if this place proves to be peaceful for me then I was definitely going to be coming regularly, one it was a little closer to my school, secondly the interior was madddd.

Yes, it is, there were private booths for everyone that had about four chairs, brown leather seats and a fancy table and the orange light gave the whole cafe a dull hue and then I saw the shelf that had different kinds of book, the showcase was having all kinds of cakes that seemed to be putting me in a giddy mood and then Mayorkuns song was playing at the background, what else can I ask for?

The cafe was quiet and less crowded, at least everyone had a private booth, privacy,that word, probably not meant for me and I had my privacy only once in a while,the kind of  life I lived,it was, exhausting.

I focused on my phone, scrolling through the important messages and liking pictures of people, basically other high class models.

"Gee" I heard Nick's bubbly voice and then slowly I turned my eyes away from my phone and rested it on the tall boy who was making himself comfortable on the seat opposite mine.

Nick. Nick was a foot taller than me, my one time neighbor in the estate,dark skinned and fineee, yes Nick could be called a certified fine boy with the little stubble of beard sprouting out and his eyes that never stopped sparkling in amusement.

He was wearing a faded jeans with a colorful tee shirt.

The nigga was the perfect definition of not judging a book by the cover cos from his tattoo and tainted hair,one would think he was nothing but a spoilt rich kid, but no, Nick was hardworking as hell, trying his hand on different businesses since I knew him despite the fact that his dad had oil wells around the country.

It was annoying though,how people assumed rich kids were spoilt, how every of their success was attributed to their parents wealth,that stereotype was annoying,like really annoying

"Nick what's up?" I greeted casually keeping my phone away.

"I'm good,I see that you've finally decided to visit" His eyes gleaned.

"I can still leave if I want" I scoffed and he chuckled and I did briefly. It was just my type of humor.

"So how do you see my crib?" he asked

"Nice"

"Just nice?" his voice held disbelief

" Yes na,you want me to start showering thousands of praises on you?"

" Annoying brat" He said under his breath but I heard him.

" Is that how you treat your customers?" I asked sternly

"Oga customer,come of it jare" He chuckled and then twirled a pen I didn't know he was holding

"Are you still running the ad for me on your page, you know you are Yobanna, one advert from you and this place will blow up" He exaggerated, his hands doing the explaining alongside.