12

Mansion

Yobanna

Early morning sunshine,alarm beeps, rustling of leaves...

I woke up. Tired, exhausted. I took a swipe around the room and noticed everything was in place, the cold air from the AC biting into my skin.

I rolled on my bed and groaned for a while.

Exhausted,that was the right word.

I turned on my phone and the light shone on my face for a while.

I was used to be on blogs, tabloids, trending but this one, this one was different and it made me sick. It had been 3 days already, three days after the dinner party, three days since I went to school, three days of not seeing my parents, I always locked myself up and made the maids bring up my food.

I had turned my data on the first day and the notifications were enough to make my phone hang, in fact my phone was practically hanging. My followers had skyrocketed to additional 10 thousand people. The blogs weren't helping matters, headlines, twisted stories, YouTube channels holding interviews trying to dissect the situation, DMS, text messages majorly from my friends, a couple of calls, my life was practically a mess.

I stood up from my bed and stood at the window trying to coordinate my thoughts, I was mentally exhausted.

I strolled back to the bed and picked up a phone and tried to listen to some songs, I didn't know why I wasn't in school, i just made a wrong move, brands liked this kind of publicty and there was sure loads of messages from them.

I thought of Selena. I rubbed my palms and cussed the wrong move I took.

I never thought about her, we weren't close friends and yet I went ahead to kiss her. After kissing her at the event, I had walked out.

There was a force,a force to do something stupid and I had gone ahead,what exactly made me different from my dad? I didn't even give her a chance to think,a  chance to, she must hate me,she must.... And somehow I found myself panicking, thinking, worried..

How was she faring? I wondered. I was having a miserable time,only God knows how it was like for her. Probably worse and that made me feel terrible.

I fell on my bed in frustration and somehow my mind went to that night,the kiss and then I  rubbed my hands over my lips

Her lips were soft I had to admit, I only did it to spite my father but now, I realized that she really had soft lips, the kind that melted under ones kiss. I hadn't kissed a lot of girls in my life though but her lips were mad.

My phone rang,Mayokurn literally singing Body in my room because that was my ringing tune and then I saw it was Precious,I hesitated for a while and then I picked.

"Finally he picked" He sassesd and I hissed.

"I had to switch it off so I would breath" I replied

" I understand,some headlines are just funny, especially that Opera mini,those people and useless captions"

"Guy I tire" I replied and sat on the stool opposite my mirror, looking at my rough hair and sleep laden eyes,the eye bags,this wasn't me,I was going to have an hair cut as soon as possible.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Precious yelled my name,his thick voice piercing through my brain.

"Guyyyy, don't you want to resume" He asked

"Tomorrow and can you stop shouting abeg" I seethed in frustration. Precious had the tendency to be annoying,very annoying.

"The deed has been done na, you don't have to run anymore"