Chapter 37

Ken

Things are messed up.

Things are really fucked and messed up and it's all moving too fast for us.

Yobanna wouldn't pick up his phone, it's being three whole days and he wasn't anywhere to be found, even when we went to his house, we were always denied access.

I had dropped probably more than 10 messages, the highest I've ever dropped in someone's dm in all of my chatting life and none were replied.

It was crazy you know. One morning we all woke up to the news and it had escalated real fast and somehow Yobanna was dragged into it and that was the annoying part, what in the world did he do?

So what if his mom was caught having affairs with others? Yobanna wasn't his mum and that's why I had exited the class group chat, along with my friends.

My classmates were simply brainless. You know, chickens with tiny brains and I wondered how they turned out like that.

Myself and Precious, we were returning from the staff room and heading back to class, Precious wore his emotions like a  robe, I could see how worried he was about Yobanna even though we didn't really speak about it. We all avoided the topic like a plague.

We got to the ever noisy passage where my classmates were jumping around, the hyperactive ones exchanging hugs and stuffs like that, voices competing which would be the loudest, girls blowing fake kisses around, the usual stuffs.

There was no where I hated in school more than this very long passage and it didn't help that my class was at the beginning. So I had to walk pass at least 3 classes before getting to mine.

Every class had two rooms assigned to them,First two class was for Technical students, second was for commercial, third one for Art and last for science.

I was going to pass peacefully with Precious when a guy, my classmate said somethingfrom the window where he was surrounded by his friends.

"Isn't that the friends of the sluts son?"

I didn't know he had turned to a comedian with the way the three guys surrounding him bursted into laughter.

I was going to ignore them but Precious stopped in his tracks as though an invisible hand had pulled him to stop dead in the middle of the passage.

He turned as though controlled by something and walked to where those boys were

"Can you repeat what you just said?" Precious asked looking calm and at the same time the aura around him screamed danger.

Guy, can't lie, I was surprised, Precious was like the peace loving type, he didn't fight, he didn't make trouble, didn't like to cause a scene or anything, he just wanted to smile and be sweet always but this Precious standing before the group of four guys was a different one.

The fool who had said that stuff was Jerry. Media mogul parents, controlling one of the biggest news houses in Nigeria. Jerry was a spoilt brat but he never crossed my path (I really should consider rapping).

"What are you gonna do sissy?" Jerry asked him, he had rolled his sleeves up and gotten down from the window.

"Beat me?" His eyebrows were quaked now as though daring Precious to punch him.

I was standing just 5 feets away watching all these. I didn't know what Precious was up too so I just had to watch and observe first. I was already clutching my fist in annoyance,I had promised myself not to fight,if I exchanged words with the fool,I sure was going to burst his lips.

"Guys how could I have forgotten—" He touched Precious shoulder and then laughed. I watched Precious stiffen.

" They say birds of the same feathers flock together. So Precious is your mum a baby mama or a slut?"He asked a smirk on his lips watching Precious getting riled up.