Chapter 36

Yobanna

I was listening to Ghost by Justin Bieber while I strolled into school casually. I was in a great mood, super good mood if do say so. I had spent most of the time chatting with Selena and even though I felt a bit exhausted, i still felt very good about it. Everything was working out well and I was super sure nothing could ruin my mood this morning.

Absolutely nothing.

However...

There was something different about how this people were looking at me this morning. Of course they always looked at me like they had seen a ghost but today I couldn't decpiher the looks they gave me and as hard as I tried not allow myself to be bothered by it, a kind of feeling was brewing down at the bottom of my stomach and it wasn't a good sign at all.

Once I stepped into the passage, there was some kind of buzzing, few people actually pointing fingers, smirking, some faces contoured in expressions I could not place my hands on.

I wasn't supposed to be bothered but I found myself thinking about it.

St Louis students gave me way too much attention that I didn't need but something was off about this one.

I could actually see some commercial students laughing and saying something and funny enough I never paid attention to whatever it was anyone did, I simply minded my business. But this morning, it was different.

I felt uneasy suddenly, I always trusted my guts and if my guts said something was wrong, something was indeed wrong and that wasn't settling well with me.

What exactly is the problem?

I couldn't place my finger on anything and i was suddenly nervous. A feeling that was foreign to me, I hardly got nervous, rarely ever and I honestly wish I knew why I was.

I managed to carry myself to my class and already my friends were there, waiting for me.

Red flag.

All three of them. I scanned their expressions. Precious was looking serious and nervous.

Please read that again.

Precious was looking serious and nervous. The word serious and Precious did not resonate. And unlike Dozie and Ken that could mask up their feelings perfectly,Precious was an open book.

"Guys, what's wrong?" I couldn't even recognize my own voice. I wish they could stop looking at me and start saying something.

I dropped my bag gently.

Dozie was sitting on the desk and Ken and Precious were sitting at both sides of my seats.

Even though my classmates in class tried not to make it obvious, I could feel their heated glances, in between talking to each other and stealing a sneak peek at me.

"Can somebody tell me what the problem is?" I asked calmly.

I scanned around the class, Selena was not in class. Was it something about her, was she fine?

I suddenly felt myself having a panic attack but I constrained myself, I braced up myself, I spoke to her till midnight, nothing was wrong, I was sure about it.

"Someone talk to me! What the hell Precious guy, talk, what's with the gloomy face and seriousness" I faced them nearly feeling as though I had to shake out whatever it was they were not talking about.

"Yobanna you should seat first" Dozie finally spoke up adjusting his glasses too alongside.

"I should seat? Seriously?" I chuckled bitterly, twirled and then faced them