Chapter 14

Dear Z,
Were we ever able to fulfill this sin we created with our hands?
Were we ever able to risk it with our mouths?
Were we ever able to avoid it with our smells?
Were we ever done?

• • •
Rose

"Let me go!" I clench my teeth. Rain pouring in a canopy of droplets over us, that tasted of cloud and sky.

He was so huge, daunting over me. The neck of his t-shirt was torn down, exposing just a slight of his burly chest. His skin was golden and sun-kissed tan. So smooth and yet so rough.

His hair was sopping wet, long black stands of it fell over his eyebrow. Water droplets running down his hard stone face. His prominent cheekbones were layered with smallest of the cuts. Short barely there prickly hair shadowed his jawline. His lips thinned.

This look will forever stay with me. Every span of his attention was on me. He couldn't stop watching me. He had me in his captive. He had me within his control. He could do anything right about now...and I only wonder if I would stop it.

Something happened with Z before he came running across and found me, sitting numbly on the trunk. I had nothing to do all day and everyone was busy. I thought a walk out in the forest would do me good.

I was sure wrong. He seems more agitated per usual. If not but more frustrated. I have seen and worn that look a lot in my life. It's recognizable.
What I really didn't get was why had I become his punching bag. It was obvious he wanted to take it out on me. The fall I had to bear. Why did I need to take it? Why was it always me? I should feel anger but I feel curiosity too.

My thoughts flee when he licks his lips to catch the drop that was hanging on his sexy tilt of his upper lip.

I moan out, unconsciously.

At that, his eyes grew hungry and dark. His brows were furrowed and drawn tight. The once brownie eyes were now dark molten chocolate ones, which flickered down from my face to my chest. He held my wrists locked in his left. His right yanked my jacket to him, his fingers catching the steel metal zip.

I swallow as he slowly unzips me, spreading the lapels of my leather jacket just enough that the bare swells of my breasts were exposed.

My hips rock and confound it, his eyes zaps at their movement. His mouth subtly parts. Anticipation sliced the air in between us. My gaze dropped down low to where I spotted a shadow of his bulge in his shorts.

The sight of it had me reeling in arousal and mischief. Naughtiness and seduction muddled my clear thoughts of warning this off. It fogged my need to think rationally.

"What are you thinking right now?" I ask, bravely.

His tone was forbidden as he looked at me. "Dirty thoughts."

"How dirty?" I flirted back, my chest rising faster with each beat.

"So dirty you'll scream running for the hills."

"Will you let me?" I challenged him. "Will you let me run for the hills?"

The only answer I hear is his silent need for deep breaths. He was drinking me in, taking my curves in.