The name or the heart

Robb made sure now that whenever there was a council meeting, Dahlia would be there, sitting beside him at the head of the table, as the Queen she was soon to be. He didn't question her loyalty anymore and he took her advice. Of course, she knew her place whenever there was talk of war and she knew some of Robb's men - most of them, probably - still didn't like much the fact that a woman - a Frey, no less - was always present when there was talk of war.

"My Mother is constantly present as well." Robb had pointed out, his voice still calm, but his words sharp after Lord Flint had pointed out his distaste for Dahlia's presence around them.

"She's the Lady Stark." Lord Flint had argued right back. "She's the lady wife of your late Father. Of course she can stay."

"Lady Dahlia is to be my wife." Robb said. "She is to be your Queen and, as such, her place is beside me."

"She's a southern. A Frey, no less!"

"My Mother was a southern before she married my Father. And Lady Dahlia will be a Stark soon enough if that is what worries you, my Lord." Robb insisted. Beside him, Dahlia could feel him growing tense and she could hear Grey Wind's low growls from his place at her feet, so, intent on avoiding any unnecessary conflict, she reached a hand over to place it over Robb's.

"Robb, darling." She whispered softly, leaning closer to Robb ever so slightly, only to pull back when Robb shook his head and stood up, his blue eyes, usually so soft and tender around her, suddenly turning icy and cold as he glared at Lord Flint. "There's no need."

"Lady Dahlia's place is beside me or wherever else she desires to be." Robb said, as the girl watched him with a proud smile and loving eyes before turning to look at Lord Flint as well, with a confidence in her stare she had never felt before. "She is to be your Queen and you will do well to remember that or I will be forced to remind you myself, are we understood?"

Dahlia could see Lord Flint was still very much unhappy but as soon as Grey Wind raised from his place at Dahlia's feet and stood behind both Robb and Dahlia, baring his teeth at the Lord, he had no choice but to agree.

"Yes, your Grace." He mumbled.

And, after that, no one questioned Dahlia's presence at consul meetings any longer. Which was probably why no one blinked an eye when Dahlia sat down on the chair beside Robb's as one of the Lannister prisoners he had made during his last battle stood there, in front of them.

"You're Ser Alton Lannister?" Robb asked, as the young man in front of them nodded.

"I am, your Grace." He mumbled, quietly.

"I offer your cousins peace if they meet my terms." Robb said, his voice strong and certain. He was definitely learning to be a King, Dahlia thought. "First, your family must release my sisters. Second, my father's bones must be returned to us so he may rest beside his brother and sister in the crypts beneath Winterfell along with our family's ancient sword Ice that he took with him when he first rode South. And the remains of all those who died in his service must also be returned. Their families can honour them with proper funerals."

"An honourable request, your Grace." Ser Alton said.

"Third..." Robb continued. "Joffrey and the Queen Regent must renounce all claim to dominion of the North. From this time till the end of time, we are a free and independent kingdom."

"The King in the North." Lord Umber nodded, with a pleased smile, urging a chorus from all the men around them.

"King in the North."

"Neither Joffrey nor any of his men shall set foot in our lands again." Robb spoke up, after all his men had called out his name. "If he disregards this command, he shall suffer the same fate as my father, only I don't need a servant to do my beheading for me."