Now and forever

"Are you sure about this?"

Truth be told, Robb wasn't sure about this at all, but what could he do? This was the best he could offer his men. It would mean a battle and Robb knew his remaining men have been growing impatient without something to do - well, without anyone to kill, that is. And now, with the ride to the Twins starting at first light the next morning and the wedding taking place around the next moon, Robb knew it was the very best he could do.

His men would be well-fed and well-rested and, with Roslin marrying his Uncle Edmure, he would be having another 3,000 men. Of course, they weren't enough to replace all the men he had lost already and not nearly enough to overpower the Lannister forces in Casterly Rock, but they would be enough to match them. And maybe, if they stuck to the plan, maybe they could make it.

Still, as his Mother lifted her eyes from the map in front of her to look at her son instead after he was done explaining his plan to her, he couldn't say he was truly sure of anything.

"No." Robb finally responded.

Catelyn sighed but sent him an understanding look. Robb shrugged gently. There was no point lying to his Mother after all, was there?

"It's dangerous." She said. And that much was obvious, but neither of them bothered pointing it out.

"If we take Tywin's castle from him, the lords of Westeros will realise he's not invincible." Robb said. "Take his home, take his gold, take his power."

"Why are you telling me?" Catelyn asked, suddenly aware of her own status at the moment - because as much as she was still Lady Stark; as much as she was still King Robb's Mother, she was still his prisoner. So sharing battle plans with a prisoner surely wasn't the best idea?

Still, at the moment, Robb didn't seem to care, keeping his eyes on his Mother with a whirlwind of emotions behind them.

"You begged me not to send Theon to negotiate with his father, and I ignored your advice." Robb said, walking around the table tl reach for the wine close by to pour some of it in his goblet. He wasn't sure he would drink it all, actually, but it was good knowing at least he had the option. "Now Winterfell is burnt to the ground, the North is overrun with ironborn, and Bran and Rickon are gone. So, Casterly Rock... I'm asking your advice."

Catelyn sighed then. If in one hand, she was happy Robb was taking her advice again, she was also aware that she probably wasn't the best person for him to have this discussion with.

"Have you talked to Dahlia?" Catelyn asked.

"This whole thing was her idea, actually." Robb said, some strange mixture of pride and apprehension in his words.

"The meeting." Catelyn realized with a smile. "Was that Dahlia's idea?"

"Yes." Robb smiled. "She wanted to help. Get the men back after we lost them with Karstark's beheading."

"It's why she was so upset over the betrothal."

"Yes." Robb nodded. "She wanted to do something about it. She wanted to fix it and she kept blaming herself for it, saying she should've known it was coming."

"Poor thing." Catelyn mumbled, sympathetic. "Brave too."

"And very smart." Robb nodded and, this time, the pride for his wife could almost be felt all around the room.

"Very smart." Catelyn nodded. "But, for Casterly Rock... We have enough men?"

"After the wedding, we will have." Robb said.

"Very well." Catelyn said, looking down at the map in front of her with all the pieces resting over King's Landing. "If reinforcements arrive from King's Landing before we take the castle, we'll be caught between Tywin's army and the sea."