Martyn and Willem Lannister

The emotions from Lord Hoster's funeral had barely died down before Robb had called a meeting with Lord Edmure and Lord Brynden to discuss the situation of the Riverlands. Dahlia sat on a chair off to the side, her presence not particularly important at the meeting, but requested by Robb nonetheless. So she stayed. And, the more Lord Edmure talked about his own crusade across the Riverlands that Robb had not ordered, the more she was grateful Robb had asked her to stay. Because she could see he was tense. As he looked out into the rivers surrounding the Tully's castle, Dahlia could see how all of his muscles tensed under his shirt and how his jaw clenched at his Uncle's every word. She wanted to go to him and offer him some comfort, but she knew better. She couldn't comfort him yet, not in front of his Lords. So, instead, she settled for sitting down in her chair, a hand resting above her barely there belly and keeping her eyes on Robb.

"If I may, nephew, I encountered a situation with one of my lieutenants at the Stone Mill which may have some bearing..." Lord Edmure was saying to which, not only did Robb clenched his jaw but the Blackfish also scoffed.

"Why don't you shut your mouth about that damned mill?" The older man said, clearly annoyed by his nephew's constant boasting. "And don't call him nephew. He is your king."

"Robb knows I meant him no..."

"You're lucky I'm not your king." The Blackfish interrupted Lord Edmure. "I wouldn't let you wave your blunders around like a victory flag."

"My blunder sent Tywin's mad dog back to Casterly Rock with his tail between his legs." Lord Edmure insisted. "I think King Robb understands we won't win this war if he's the only one winning any battles. No, there's glory enough to go around."

"It's not about glory." Robb finally spoke up, his voice so hard and sharp Dahlia could almost feel it pierce through her skin. She gulped when Robb finally turned to look at his Uncle again, his eyes as cold as the rest of his expression. "Your instructions were to wait for him to come to you."

"I seized an opportunity." Lord Edmure argued.

"What value was the mill?" Robb asked.

"The Mountain was garrisoned across the river from it."

"Is he there now?"

"Of course not." Lord Edmure said. "We took the fight to him. He could not withstand us."

"I wanted to draw the Mountain into the west, into our country, where we could surround him and kill him." Robb said, almost a growl to his voice as he glared at his Uncle who shrunk a bit under the young men's stare. "I wanted him to chase us, which he would have done because he is a mad dog without a strategic thought in his head. I could have that head on a spike by now. Instead, I have a mill."

Lord Edmure gulped nervously then, finally understanding why it was that Robb was so upset with him. Still, he stood his ground. And, if anything, Dahlia had to admire his boldness. After all, she was quite sure that, should Robb ever look at her like that, she would never be able to argue back at him.

"We took hostages." Lord Edmure said. "Martyn Lannister. Willem Lannister."

"Martyn and Willem Lannister are fourteen years old." Robb practically spat the words.

"Martyn is fifteen, I believe." The Blackfish pointed out, mindlessly pouring himself a glass a wine.

From his spot, he turned to look at Queen Dahlia and he noticed her tense muscles and her eyes fixed on her husband in front of her. For a moment, he thought about offering the girl some wine - if for nothing else, at least to ease her nerves - but when he noticed her hand on her belly, he remembered Catelyn briefly mentioning the Queen being with child. So wine he couldn't offer her. Instead, he poured her a goblet of water and placed it on the table in front of her, sending her a small nod of his head when she turned to look up at him with a quiet, grateful smile.