21.

"I love you." Harry whispered into Louis' hair as he kissed the top of his head.

He didn't think Louis would answer with the same. All through their relationship, Harry had been the one who was madly in love while Louis just enjoyed the ride.

He knew Louis cared about him, but he never told Harry that and never felt as much as Harry did.

Harry was always guessing and hoping Louis felt the same about him.

That was partly why they broke up, because Harry was far too into the relationship and Louis never felt as deeply.

So when the words came from Louis mouth, Harry nearly started crying.

"I love you too." Louis answered, looking up into Harry's and pressing a kiss to his lips.

Harry's breath hitched when the words tumbled from Louis' perfect mouth. For so long he had wanted to hear Louis say it.

For so long, Harry had been in love with him, yearning to hear him say it back but he never had.

Until then.

So as Louis' lips hit his, Harry's arms tightened around him, holding him closer than ever before.

He pressed his lips against Louis' as lovingly as he could, trying to put everything into it.

Louis pulled back and looked up at Harry, but frowned when he saw his face.

Harry had let the tears escape, unexplainable happiness taking over him. His heart swelled and he swore he just fell even further for Louis.

"Harry?" he asked, cupping his cheek. "Are you alright?"

Harry sniffled and wiped his eyes, letting out a light laugh. "Y-Yeah," He stuttered. "I'm fine, it's just..."

He shook his head and smiled, staring down into Louis' eyes.

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say those words." Harry whispered, his forehead resting on Louis' as he closed his eyes.

"Harry..." Louis breathed, surprised. "I-I love you. I do. I love you." He nodded along as he spoke before he leaned up and kissed him again.

"Harry Styles." He said after he pulled back. "I am in love with you."

Louis stroked Harry's cheek as he started crying. "Don't cry, love." Louis told him with a smile.

"I-I'm sorry." Harry laughed, wiping his eyes again. "I-I... I'm just... happy." He shrugged and gave Louis a squeeze.

"So I am." Louis answered with a smile, wrapping his arms around Harry's neck as he hugged him back.

"I don't know if I can ever tell you how sorry I am." Harry shook his head. "For all the shit I put you through with Li-"

Harry cut himself off from saying his name, as he knew how upset it made Louis.

Louis bit his lip and scooted away, suddenly feeling a little unsure.

"I'm sorry-" Harry tried, to hold him again, but Louis stood up.

"I need a minute." Louis said quietly, walking around the room as he stared at the floor.

After a few seconds, Harry stood up too and waited for Louis to stop and look up at him with uncertain eyes.

The two just stood in silence for a minute, unsure how to broach the topic.

"Lou-" Harry began, turning to him and holding his hands out.

"Don't." Louis held up a hand. "I don't want to hear how sorry you are about Liam."

"But-" Harry tried, his eyes holding so much fear. He didn't want Louis to leave him again all because of someone he didn't even care about anymore.

"I don't want to hear you talk about him." Louis continued. "I was there. I saw it all. I saw you two be all happy with each other."

"I'm so-"

"You don't have to be. Because its my fault." Louis continued. "I let you go to start with. If I hadn't, you wouldn't have gone running off to him."

"I didn't mean-"

"You don't have to say anything." Louis shook his head, moving into Harry's open arms and hugging him tight. "Just, can we not ever talk about it? Ever?"

Harry didn't say anything for a minute, he just held him.

"O-Okay." He whispered. "But I want you to know, I cared about him."

Louis looked at him in shock, taking a few steps back, his eyes wide at Harry's confession.

"But I always loved you." He continued. "The whole time, I tried to suppress it, because I thought you would never care, but it was always there, sitting strongly in my heart. It still is."

Louis face softened as he realized what Harry was trying to say. He loved him, in spite of the fact that he was dating someone else, Harry never lost his feelings for him.

Harry bit his lip and looked at Louis with a small smile. "I have loved you since we were 18. I could never stop so easily."

"Harry..." Louis breathed with a smile. He didn't know what to say.

So he ran, closing the gap between them and flung himself into Harry's arm, wrapping his arms around his neck as he hugged him. Harry picked him up off the ground and spun them around together.

They laughed together as they spun and when Harry put him down, Louis gave him one more squeezing hug.

"You know," Louis began, tracing a finger down Harry's arm. "I think these arms were made for holding me."

Harry let out a little laugh, nuzzling his nose in Louis' hair. "I think they were too."

Louis grinned like an idiot as he looked back up at Harry.

"Be my boyfriend again." Harry said, looking into his eyes as he smiled back. "I want you, Lou."

"Of course I will, Harry." Louis shook his head in amusement. "That's not even a question."

Harry beamed before leaning down to capture his lips in his own, kissing him deeply.

"I love you so so much." Harry whispered into Louis' cheek, kissing it lightly.

Louis just hummed back, too tired to use his words, but Harry knew he meant the same thing.

Harry chuckled lightly and ran his fingers through Louis' hair.

"We should go find the others." He suggested, but Louis groaned.

"Later" Louis grumbled, pushing Harry backwards so they could cuddle. "Let's watch a movie or something first."

Harry laughed and agreed, holding Louis close as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, checking for any messages.

Sure enough, there was one from Zayn.

Ni and I went to the café, come meet us there when you're done fucking ;) ps, I hope you know you two are paying to reupholster my couch

Harry shook his head with a smile as he put his phone down, and looked back at Louis who was smiling up at him. And he couldn't believe his luck.

.

I'd get down, I'd get down, I'd get down on my knees for you

.