22.

.

After a while of simply relishing in each other's company again, Harry and Louis went to meet the other two at the café.

"Here they are." Niall laughed as they walked in, hand in hand and giggling as they sat down at the table.

"Did you have fun?" Zayn asked. "Because I can't sit on that couch again."

"Ha Ha." Harry said sarcastically. "We cleaned up."

"You better have." Zayn narrowed his eyes, making Louis laugh.

"But it was worth it," Louis said seductively, looking at Harry. "Wasn't it baby?"

"Mmm yeah." Harry answered in the same tone, trying to make the other two uncomfortable.

"Damn." Niall shook his head. "I forgot how gross they are together."

"Yeah." Zayn agreed, making the couple laugh together.

"Can I have my apartment back now?" Zayn whinged, making a face as Harry and Louis just stared back, trying not to laugh. "Are you done violating it?"

"Um," Harry let out a nervous laugh, looking to Louis for help, but he just started laughing.

"Finally," Niall shook his head, clasping his hands together and looking between the two. "You have no idea how long we've been waiting for this."

"Waiting for... what?" Louis asked as Harry wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his hands on Louis hips.

"For you two to kiss and make up!" Zayn exclaimed. "You've put us through torture with your stupid breakup." He shook his head and the couple nervously laughed again.

Louis blushed and looked down as he smiled while Harry bent down to kiss his cheek.

"As adorably nauseating as ever." Zayn shook his head and watched fondly, observing the sweet move.

"You know," Niall commented to Zayn, taking the same stance. "I always thought they were a little too much, you know, too full on. But this, actually works. They're perfect for each other."

Harry and Louis just watched them in amusement, laughing to themselves at their stupid friends.

Harry's dimples were showing and Louis eyes were shining brightly, finally happy.

"Wait." Louis stopped and sat up straight as he realized something. "We're you two outside Zayn's door the whole time?"

Zayn shook his head.

"No," Niall answered. "We didn't know how long this whole thing would take, so we went and got snacks and then sat in the hallway until you were done. We were gonna come in and congratulate you when we heard you get back together, but then, well, we heard some things and decided to leave before it got nasty." He finished with a grin as Harry flicked him in the head.

"Thanks mate." Harry smiled sarcastically. "We didn't want any privacy or anything."

"Always got your back." Niall replied, patting Harry's arm as the curly headed boy shook his head. "But you sure took your time."

"To be honest, I thought it would take a week, max, for you two get back together." Zayn confessed. "But then Liam came along..."

"Yeah," Niall nodded.

Louis tensed at the mention of his name and Harry scowled that Zayn had even brought him up.

He felt Louis' response and tried to comfort him by stroking his hips, but Louis wiggled his way out of Harry's grasp, suddenly not feeling quite as happy.