THE TRUTH UNTOLD | HYYH JJK

"This is my destinyDon't smile on meLight on meBecause I can't go to youThere's no name to callYou know that I can'tShow you meGive you meI can't show you my weaknessSo I'm putting on a mask to go see youBut I still want you"

"This is my destiny
Don't smile on me
Light on me
Because I can't go to you
There's no name to call
You know that I can't
Show you me
Give you me
I can't show you my weakness
So I'm putting on a mask to go see you
But I still want you"

-The Truth Untold

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

The nurse did the usual check up of the vitals. Jeon Jungkook silently observed her movements steadily. It used to be very awkward for the nurse to have a pair of eyes follow all her movements, but gradually, she had grown used to them. At first, she was weirded out, but still, this behavior wasn't uncommon. Having a bubbly personality, she tried to start a small conversation but to no avail. Finally, she had given up on this case and mechanically did her work.

Jeon Jungkook had been a cheerful and smart kid when he was small. He used to live in his own world, where everything was perfect. But as he grew up, this world started shattering down bit by bit. At 26, what remained was just a hollow person filled with everything his world didn't used to have.

He picked up the book from his lap and turned the pages slowly. He had always liked to read. And this exact book he could tell everything word by word without stumbling.

But however favorite it is, he grew tired of the routine. It was getting bleak. Everything was repitative, everything was the same.

He used to like being outdoors, feeling the fresh cool grass underneath, the wavering cheers, the spirit of the game.

But that was all past.

He rolled the wheel chair to move around the wards. That was the furthest he was allowed to go.

The sight of people roaming around in the passage made him feel bittersweet and dull. His feelings had numbed over the time and what little remained was just a tiny pinch.

A few people with their IV drip stands moving around like him, the families and friends visiting their beloved unfortunate ones, the monotonous patterns on the walls, the sterile faint smell of hospital fumigation. It had started to feel like home. But what was home?

He hated it when someone would come to talk to him. Their gazes would be filled with pity and sympathy or else it was all condescending. People would behave all elegant and caring when in reality they were just faking it all. The world was all greyish and bleak.

The sound of running suddenly echoed the passage. A figure appeared. there were by the numerous things and a big crab plushie obstructing their head. The shouts of hospital staff echoed the passage to keep it down. Funny, now they were the one disturbing the peace. The person somehow manage to secure all of the articles and ran past Jungkook into the ward in front of his. He looked behind at their back view.