ANTI ROMANTIC | KTH

❝I don't know who loves meAnd I don't care, it's a waste anywayI'm a little scared of this romantic feelingSweet and slightly bitter chocolateThe aftertaste of it is always the sameLike saddest moviesThere are only tears around my eyes❞

I don't know who loves me
And I don't care, it's a waste anyway
I'm a little scared of this romantic feeling
Sweet and slightly bitter chocolate
The aftertaste of it is always the same
Like saddest movies
There are only tears around my eyes

~AntiRomantic (TXT)

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

She was excited about a new kpop album from her favourite band which was releasing today. Just as it was released, she surfed through the Spotify playlist of the new album. She was just about to click on the first song, but her eyes darted towards a different song.

Anti-Romantic?

She got intrigued by the name and click on it instead. The song had calming beats, and she could feel something in her open up.

It was as if a closed door in her heart was opened up. But she was stronger to face it again now.

The first time they met was in second grade. They were seatmates. Kim Taehyung was a rude, joking, wandering boy in the class. Everyone's favourite.

She was the weird girl, sometimes senseless, sometimes genius. She had her own ideals. A lone caster who didn't care much. Living in her world.

Through jokes, beatings, they grew closer and became best friends. The little Hyuna liked Taehyung. But she never wanted to admit it.

Did she like him? Or what was it?
She didn't want to ask anyone. She had once heard that if you like a flower, you pluck it. And if you love it, you leave it as it is.
She was confused.

She even made her own kind of test to see if she liked him like that. And apparently as per her methods, she did not. And even if they were wrong, she still didn't want to try confessing.

What was next? What after she confesses?

Maybe he'd get weirded out and stop talking to her?

And anyways what would she have got from the confession. They were kids. Small kids.

And she was on the chubbier side. He called her his apple. And he didn't know but her cheeks would get all red like an apple from that.

He didn't know.

Then she had a little brother. She wanted to name him Hyun, but finally, her parents named him Taehyun.  She didn't notice the similarity before, but one day, it just struck her. And she blushed yet again as red as an apple.

Then for some reason, she had to change schools. But he didn't change why would he? He also didn't invite her to his birthdays and so she also didn't.

Taehyung's friends were there, did he even think about her as friends, let alone best friends? She was happy, she didn't confess, it'd have failed anyway.

As the years passed she grew timid, now with no friends or any. And sometimes they did see each other in between. But now she was a meek girl. She was no better than a stranger.

Hell, strangers would be better. She still sometimes would find herself dream of him. No, not weird dreams, just that they met somewhere and they would go on adventures like that.

Many years passed, she opened an SNS account. She said hello to every old classmate.

Very few remembered her.

Very few responded.

And even if they did most of them were dry responses, no real enthusiasm to talk anything. And same was with Kim Taehyung. They were strangers, right? She was a bit sad but okay.

She still has her new school friends- who?

She was already awkward then, she wasn't anyone's friend. And even if she was, no one talked to her later, contacted her. She felt like a bat, where should she go? In animal's kingdom or bird's? But bat was an outcast just like her.

And she knew this hard way.

First love is always painful.

She had grown past it now.

She didn't care for him now. She never felt what she had felt before. With anyone. Maybe she had blocked those feelings. Or maybe she just wasn't worthy of feeling them. Whatever it was. Her first love was very impactful.

She knew one thing for sure though.

First love was always painful and unrequited.

But she was okay. She was happy with herself now. Putting the song on loop she went on to draw a new concept she had got inspired for, by the song.

The real happiness was in finding real love inside yourself than outside.

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

Kinda tried a different style of writing here.

This chapter is not related to UnKnown Killer. It is a separate oneshot.

If I'm making stories from songs, why not make some from other groups? XD

Do listen to Anti romantic by TXT!

I hope all your wishes come true and you find your happiness!💜💜