Surprise..?

Y/N's pov

So Lauren's on tour and I haven't seen her in 3 months, so today I'm gonna fly out and surprise her! I'm so excited! She's currently in Montréal, Canada. Luckily it's not too long of a flight or she else she'd worry why I'm not picking up.

Me
morning babe today i have a busy day at work but i'll call you later tonight ❤️ have an amazing day love

Laur 😻
morning, i miss you and good luck at work! 😚😚

Before I pack, I start my day with an iced latte and some breakfast— also known as reheated leftovers. I'm literally so excited to see my girlfriend again I scarf down my food before going back to my room and packing. It's winter, so I make sure to bring lots of hoodies and sweats, many of which are Lauren's that I stole.

time skip

I arrive at the airport about 2 hours early. The minutes feel like hours because all I want is to see my baby. I decide to distract myself by roaming around and window shopping at all the stores and restaurants, which eventually I cave in and buy a shit ton of snacks for the ride. The gate I'm supposed to wait at is near the back of the airport, forcing me to walk past almost all of the stores. Once I'm seated in the waiting area, I take out my phone and watch YouTube to pass the time.

Of course, one of Lauren's video pops up as the first video on the home page. It's her meditation vlog from 2020, which was so funny because so many people were just watching her meditate instead of doing it with her. I choose to scroll past the video because I can't really meditate in a loud and crowded airport. The next thing on my home page is a community tab post from Taylor Swift. As I read through it I realize Speak Now (Taylor's Version) is being released next! (a/n i wish). This is the best news all week!

I scroll through and watch a few videos before my flight is announced for boarding. Finally! I can see Lauren in about 6 or 7 hours.

Throughout the whole flight I am nervous, excited, impatient, and restless all in one. I can practically see Lauren's shocked face once I surprise her.

After leaving the airport and arriving at the hotel Lauren is staying at— I told her sisters about the surprise and they let me know the hotel and room number, along with supplying me a digital room key— I grabbed my backpack and duffle bag and entered the hotel. Heading straight for the elevator, I checked my phone to see that her room number was 3416, meaning it was on the 34th floor. My heart began to race as I traveled upwards.

Once making it to Lauren's respective room, I took out my phone to use the digital key and unlocked the door, but the sight before me made me wish I didn't.

And there she was, my girlfriend, sat on top of another woman, who is half naked. I suppose that both of their heads turned at the sound of the door unlocking because they were both staring in my direction.

My eyes widened as my heart dropped, and the pain in my chest was awfully strong. I briefly make eye contact with Lauren before swiftly backing out of the room and running— I had no idea where I was going, but I just needed to be far away from them. I had no words in that moment, what I saw was enough.

"Y/N?! Please! Wait!" A voice I'm all too familiar with calls.

I don't stop. Tears start to roll down my cheeks and I can't see clearly but I still don't stop.

"Y/N-" She pulls on my arm and spins me around, somehow already caught up to me.

And my tears turn into anger.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I say, gritting my teeth. I forcibly pull my hand away from hers and take a step back.

"Please, I-" She starts but I interrupt her.