The 1 - Part 2

Y/n's pov

Since then Laur and I haven't talked. It's been almost a month and I hate myself. I see her every now and then at school but the most we've done is make brief eye contact.

Right now I'm in the music room of our school. Music has been my therapy for as long as I can remember. I started coming here after school every day this past month.

Lauren's pov

I feel so guilty for ignoring y/n/n. I want things to go back to the way they were, but I don't know what to say. Hi can we be friends again? No that's straight up friend zoning her. When I see her in the halls she always walks away.

"How was school Laur?" Lisa asked me as I entered our house. She was the only one who knew the full story. The rest of my family just thought we grew apart.

"Boring as usual. Y/n/n is still avoiding me." I sighed.

"You know, for someone who doesn't like her, you sure do talk about her a lot. I mean, you haven't shut up about how you miss her everyday! And you mention her in all of our conversations." Lisa points out.

"Well duh, she was my best friend! Of course I miss her." I retaliate.

"Really Laur, just a best friend? What are your favorite things about her?" Lisa asked.

"Umm, I like how she knows just what to say when I'm emotional and how she's passionate about a lot of things. Y/n's a really great musician and just fun to be around. She actually listens to what I have to say rather than talking to more outgoing people. Her eyes glisten when we talk about music or anything she likes. And most of the things I like too." I laughed. "I cherish every moment with her because there's never a dull moment. Even if we are just watching a movie it's still fun because we always make little comments and laugh. She's just beautiful inside and out. Oh and also she gives really nice hugs."

Lisa gives me a look. "Sis that ain't no best friend. She's literally your soulmate by the way you described her. And the way she described you had just as much emotion."

My eyes widen. Is Lisa right? Wow I am oblivious. "Oh my gosh Lise, why am I so dumb? What do I do now?! What if she doesn't like me anymore?!" I panicked.

"Calm down Laur, she definitely likes you still. In fact, you should go tell her now! She's probably in the music room of your school."

"Wait what? How do you know?" I asked.

"Just because you guys don't talk doesn't mean I also stopped. She's still my friend." Lisa said.

"Oh sorry. But thanks Lise, I'm gonna go find her now!"

"It's alright. Now go get your woman!!" She encouraged.

I hurried to my car and started driving back to school. I like y/n y/l/n. No, I'm in love with her. And I finally realized it. My thoughts kept me company until I reached the school.

I parked and went inside. As I walked through the empty halls I felt my heart race. I was almost at the music room but stopped when I heard the soft sounds of a voice and piano.

y/n's pov

I, I, I persist and resist the temptation to ask you
If one thing had been different
Would everything be different today?

We were something don't you think so
Rosé flowing with your chosen family
And it would've been sweet
If it could've been me
In my defense I have none
For digging up the grave another time
But it would've been fun
If you would've been the one
Ooh

I played this song every day. Not only because it was the song I played before everything came crumbling down but also because the lyrics relate to how I feel.

If I had never confessed, things would be normal. Or if she reciprocated these feelings, it would definitely be fun. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the squeak of a door.

"Umm, hello?" I asked.

Lauren's pov

Shoot. Now what do I do? Do I run or should I go in? Suddenly the door moved and there she stood, shocked.

"Uh.. hi." I shyly greeted.

"Oh, hey... Did you need the room? I can totally leave right now..." She rambled and went to grab her backpack.

"No!" I yelled, almost too eagerly. "I, uh, wanted to talk to you actually."

"Oh... what is it? I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore and I'm really sorry that I caught feel-"

I went up to her and pecked her lips. She widened her eyes in shock.

Okay. Here goes nothing. "Y/n/n, I like you. Wait no, I love you. So flipping much! You are the sweetest person I ever met and we've been glued at the hip for such a long time. I'm so so so sorry that it took me a whole month to realize it, but I hope I'm not too late. You are the one for me." I saw a few tears fall down her face.

"R-really?" She choked out and I nodded, feeling my eyes water as well. "I love you too, Lauren Cimorelli. I am so blessed that God brought us together and I promise I will do everything I can to make you happy."

"You just being here with me makes me happy, y/n/n. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" With that she threw her lips onto mine. We shared a passionate kiss and I could taste her salty tears as they came down.

Finally releasing, she spoke up. "I've waited so long for you to say that, Laur. I thought I'd lost you as my best friend."

"Never babe, I could never find anyone better than you." I reassured her. "Wanna go to Sonic?"

She blushed. "Hehe did you call me babe? And now you're asking me on a date? Gosh you are perfect."

"Yes BABY, you are mine now so get used to the names. Now let's go, I'm hungry!!" I intertwined our fingers and pulled her to my car.

Best day ever.

________________________
happy birthday to lauren and christina! i cant believe christina is 3 decades old lol